Bulgaria and Moldova elect Pro-Russian Presidents

Permabanned
Sad, sad news... It seems like all of the sudden Dictator Russia is gaining momentum and support? If we don't take action they will shove down their dictatorship on the whole EU since it seems like the US no longer will oppose them.

Man of Honour
You seriously believe that Putin wants to build a new Russian Empire?

While I'm not saying there is anything to it - Bulgaria and Moldova supporting Russia is a strategic thing - its the other route around the Carpathian for heavy armour movement which would be essential in the unlikely event that Russia did ever move against Europe. I've been waiting for awhile to see which way Moldova would go:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29306843&postcount=69

Caporegime
EU said Ukraine could deal them only and offered them a deal.
Russia said Ukraine could deal with anyone and offered them a better deal.
Ukraine chooses the Russian deal which is obviously better for them.
Ukrainian leader is overthrown in a coup.
Pro-EU leader is instated.

I'm sorry but the EU is far more of a dictatorship than Russia is, just look at all of the referendums they have ignored and leaders they have replaced (Ukraine, Italy, Greece etc).

Could it be that those countries see the EU as more of a threat to their independence than Russia?

Last edited:
Caporegime
There was even the recent failed coup in Turkey which has driven Turkey to Russia's side, why do you suppose they've turned to Russia as a result of it? could these countries possibly be going to Russia for protection?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There was even the recent failed coup in Turkey which has driven Turkey to Russia's side, why do you suppose they've turned to Russia as a result of it? could these countries possibly be going to Russia for protection?

I suspect with Turkey the pro-Russian angle is more due to Russia keeping them sweet due to the value of easy access to the Bosphorus strait - I can't really imagine things like shooting down a Russian warplane would have gone quite so quietly otherwise.

Man of Honour
I'm sorry but the EU is far more of a dictatorship than Russia is, just look at all of the referendums they have ignored and leaders they have replaced (Ukraine, Italy, Greece etc).

It's ok - you've won the referendum so there is no need to keep perpetuating these myths and lack of understanding. They've had the desired effect.

Soldato
The events of the last decade certainly seem to indicate that.

What events would those be Stolly?

Georgia? Where the CIA were meddling and were then caught off guard. It wasn't Georgian troops helping civilians under fire

Ukraine? Where the EU and US were meddling then got a kicking costing a portion of a country, in an election that the people decided to rejoin Russia

Syria? Where Assad (aka Democratically elected leader) requested Russian assistance vs US and western forces just jackbooting in.

Stop believing the mockery that is the press. They are a joke.

Putin isn't some madman.

Soldato
What events would those be Stolly?

Georgia? Where the CIA were meddling and were then caught off guard. It wasn't Georgian troops helping civilians under fire

Ukraine? Where the EU and US were meddling then got a kicking costing a portion of a country, in an election that the people decided to rejoin Russia

Syria? Where Assad (aka Democratically elected leader) requested Russian assistance vs US and western forces just jackbooting in.

Stop believing the mockery that is the press. They are a joke.

Putin isn't some madman.

Exactly. He's no madman. He's very rational and good at what he does and he's executing a long term plan. Part of which, incidentally, is undermining trust in western institutions and fomenting division. (thx Tuppy)

Bless poor Assad though as you say. There he was minding his own business, loved by all, democratically elected not once but twice in elections with no opposing candidates, when the nasty terrorists brought disorder to the order of the state .

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes? He has been at it, Georgia, Ukraine, Syria. At this rate he or his successors will take the same path as Hitler.

EU does the same thing look at the countries they let join, parts of the soviet union.

but westerners are blind and don't see it like that.
Isn't the UK on about moving a bunch of missile launchers to near the russian border? oh look we are the mad men taunting the russians.

I don't know why people can only see a one sided thing when it comes to russia. the eu/nato is just as bad at trying to keep the tension going

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom