Burger King veteran of 27 years gets goodie bag for never missing a day of work

Permabanned
shocking for that level of service but people have stood up and donated nearly 95k for the guy.

brilliant.

Caporegime
In no way are we asking for money or is he expecting any money but if anyone feels like blessing him he would love to visit his grandchildren.
Money is exactly what they're asking for by starting a GoFundMe campaign.

*y’all shattered the original goal so I increased it! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much*
More money please.

Soldato
TBF 27 years at a burger king providing for his family, the main deserves money for putting up with that ****. @Surveyor @Minusorange go work BK for 27 years and tell me how you feel about receiving a pen and some sweets. If people want to give money to the guy thats totally fine to me.

Im sure someone will say well why didnt he change jobs if didnt like it, which i will counter with, if you dont have a great education and his words, the job has good healthcare for him and his family, he made a sacrifice to protect his family from America ****** healthcare system. Plus hes put 4 kids through college therefore improving the familys prospects going forward..... Props to him

Caporegime
TBF 27 years at a burger king providing for his family, the main deserves money for putting up with that ****. @Surveyor @Minusorange go work BK for 27 years and tell me how you feel about receiving a pen and some sweets. If people want to give money to the guy thats totally fine to me.
A target of $50k was set which has been increased to $75k and $100k, it's not about money though.

Soldato
You say it like he didn't get paid his wage he agreed to for working there

Your comment is entirely misleading I never claimed that. He got paid for doing his job and got a **** reward for long service in a typically high turnover job. Sometimes people opt for stability and benefits or may be limited in their options due to their education level.

Caporegime
They didn't just provide him with a goodie bag they provided him with a wage and really good health insurance by the sounds of it.

there's millions of others who don't take sick days off work as well, some people even work 2 jobs

Soldato
Your comment is entirely misleading I never claimed that. He got paid for doing his job and got a **** reward for long service in a typically high turnover job. Sometimes people opt for stability and benefits or may be limited in their options due to their education level.
Man works 27 years for massive corporation, gets crappy retirement bonus, in other news water is wet

Soldato
This story is sad on quite a few levels. As the poster above mentioned that fact that he felt like this was the only option so that his family could have healthcare. The fact he now feels he's too old/too late for him to now move jobs. Did he even make it to a managerial position? And the absolute insult of a gift that BK gave him.

Last edited:
Soldato
Man works 27 years for massive corporation, gets crappy retirement bonus, in other news water is wet
And dicks will be dicks it seems.

Totally missing the point. American companies treat workers like **** typically and the "reward" for his long service was insulting. If his daughter felt sorry for her dad or insulted by the BK reward and told his story and wanted to help her father who has sacrficed so much for her then thats fine IMO. If random strangers want to give him money again thats down to them.

The guy has lifted his family's societal and economic prospects by putting up with a **** job that also protected them from Americas horrific healthcare system.

Soldato
They didn't just provide him with a goodie bag they provided him with a wage and really good health insurance by the sounds of it.

there's millions of others who don't take sick days off work as well, some people even work 2 jobs
Yes there are millions of people who also deserve some reward or credit for what they do, no-one is arguing against that

Soldato
They all should have a campaign to raise $100k?
I love people on this forum. The twisting and mental gymnastics is amazing.

Did i say that... no. Should they be fairly compensated and rewarded for dedicated service or pulling multiple job to make ends meet... yes. Do they all need fundraisers, no, that was only part of your mental gymnastics

Caporegime
I love people on this forum. The twisting and mental gymnastics is amazing.

Did i say that... no. Should they be fairly compensated and rewarded for dedicated service or pulling multiple job to make ends meet... yes. Do they all need fundraisers, no, that was only part of your mental gymnastics
Taking Mr Ford as an example how should he have been compensated and rewarded other than being paid for 27 years with healthcare as a valuable benefit in the USA?

Soldato
Taking Mr Ford as an example how should he have been compensated and rewarded other than being paid for 27 years with healthcare as a valuable benefit in the USA?
Helathcare isnt a benefit in the US its a necessity for starters..... Get in an accident and need an ambulance, $400-$1200 just for the ambulance to turn up. Want to have a child.. $5000-$11000 just to give birth. As with any longservice reward its kinda expected to at least get some form of monetry reward. Not a cinema ticket a pen and some **** sweets.

Back
Top Bottom