BurstCoin Mining Rig - Upgrade

Associate
Hello,

I've been looking at building a new mining rig for Burstcoin.

Could anyone check over this and answer some questions or make suggestions?

Motherboard: ASRock H110 Pro BTC+

CPU: Intel Core I3-8350K (Is it compatible with the MOBO? Same socket but doesn't mention 8th generation.)
EDIT: CPU Need a suggestion. I plan to use a GPU to mine so it'll probably be used for plotting. Anything similar to a 4790k for 7th gen?

SSD: Kingston 60GB

RAM: I need suggestions. I would like 32gb buuuut 16gb should do the job.

The intention is to use the PCI ports with ribbons and have a bunch of PCI to USB cards and plug in all my drives to mine.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
You do mean Burstcoin? Because the last I heard Burstcoin relied on drive space rather than GPU power to mine.

Plotting relied heavily on CPU power and even then, given the price of Burstcoin, I would just be patient and not go overboard on the CPU side. A goood i5 will be fine.

Associate
OP
You do mean Burstcoin? Because the last I heard Burstcoin relied on drive space rather than GPU power to mine.

Plotting relied heavily on CPU power and even then, given the price of Burstcoin, I would just be patient and not go overboard on the CPU side. A goood i5 will be fine.

Yes I have drives plotted and mining. I just want to upgrade the rig. It's all old stuff. I do it as a hobby rather than profit so its for fun.

I was just looking at GPU mining instead of CPU as it can be quicker. RX 580s 8gb look nice. Not sure how it performs though.

Back
Top Bottom