Buy a Cheap samsung A40, A50 or an older S8

Soldato
Guys what would you go for if you were looking at spending around £200 to £300 for a mobile phone between these

A cheap Samsung A40, A50 or an older Samsung S8

Associate
Out of those three I'd probably still go for the S8. The camera is arguably still better than the others despite it only having one lens, it's faster and it feels more premium (Glass vs plastic)

Just remember that it won't be supported for much longer though, If constant updates are your thing.

Soldato
I've got the A50 and the S8 is the better phone but Samsung isn't likely to support it for long which is a real shame as hardware wise its still easily powerful enough.

A50 is still nice, bit bigger, good battery but feels cheaper and the camera isn't great. I wouldn't pay full price for it, I paid about £180 for mine using the cashback / trade in deal but think that has ended now.

Soldato
OP
I've got the A50 and the S8 is the better phone but Samsung isn't likely to support it for long which is a real shame as hardware wise its still easily powerful enough.

A50 is still nice, bit bigger, good battery but feels cheaper and the camera isn't great. I wouldn't pay full price for it, I paid about £180 for mine using the cashback / trade in deal but think that has ended now.
It a phone am going be buying for my mother,
I given her my old Samsung note 8 to use for now but she finds it a little bit to big

Was liking the A40 but I have no idea what it missing compared to an S8 :o

Soldato
Looking at the A40 and A50 for my dad. The trade-in offer expired on the 11th :( I'm wondering if the A50 is worth the extra £80 over the A40 at £190. Or if there's a phone with a better camera/screen for less than £250?

Soldato
It a phone am going be buying for my mother,
I given her my old Samsung note 8 to use for now but she finds it a little bit to big

Was liking the A40 but I have no idea what it missing compared to an S8 :o

It's quite a bit slower - https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9642&idPhone2=8505

Looking at the A40 and A50 for my dad. The trade-in offer expired on the 11th :( I'm wondering if the A50 is worth the extra £80 over the A40 at £190. Or if there's a phone with a better camera/screen for less than £250?

Oh that sucks though Carphone Warehouse are still doing a trade-in deal.

Soldato
Missed that deal. Still considering the A50. Just seen the Motorola One Vision, plus prime day 20% off warehouse deals I can get it for £210. How does the Motorola compare to the A50, and more specifically battery life, screen and camera? Also, is buying from Amazon warehouse ok? It's down as 'used - like new'. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom