• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

buy friends titan x pascal or go for new 2080??

Associate
Hi guys, (i am aware of the upcoming navi etc) with this in mind and adjust prices accordingly both sides....

A friend i know has x2 titan x pascals hes run in sli he mainly plays battlefield and racing games he has never overclocked them and he generally takes care of his stuff,

we was talking about my future new build and he has said hes thinking about getting rid of 1 as he does not really use the sli was just suckerd into it on release etc.

so the main point is should i buy his x pascal roughly 450 - 500 (not been clarified)

or I have spotted a GIGABYTE RTX 2080 GAMING OC 8G FH was £729.99 now £620.49.....

my heads saying the 2080 but my wallets saying my friend...

What you you do?

Associate
I had the same option last week 1080ti for £450-500 or i managed to get a 2080 for £570 new retail which i went for as i figured the warranty etc is worth it alone.

Associate
OP
I had the same option last week 1080ti for £450-500 or i managed to get a 2080 for £570 new retail which i went for as i figured the warranty etc is worth it alone.

yeah im tempted to just pay up and get it done if it was to break a few weeks later by pure fluke it could be pretty awkward between us! awesome price btw nice job

Soldato
I’d go for a decent 2080 or wait for what comes at computex. The Titan is still a top card but the stock cooler is garbage unless you plan on an AIO or watercooling.

Plus being newer it generally has better support, warranty etc.

Caporegime
Personally I’d see how low your mate will go and opt for the Titan x, from what I’ve read (and seen with a few friends) the 20xx series isn’t Nvidias finest hour with regard to reliability and frankly they still take the mick price wise, those two things considered I’d be inclined to buy used from a known source almost out of principle.

Soldato
It's fun to own the prestige model even if it's not the newest generation. If you can buy the Titan XP for a little less than market rate, I would go for that.

Associate
Offer him £400 for the Titan (see how good a friend he is) then stick an AIO on it with an NZXT G12 which will cost about £115 and it will boost like a ***** and be really quiet :D

Back
Top Bottom