Buying foreign music CD's

Soldato
Hey guys

Not sure where to put this tbh,

I am looking for some Japanese CD's, The band is Yousei Teikoku and I think they are brilliant,

BUT

getting hold of their music is pretty hard tbh, amazon have a few of their albums, but at around 30 quid a punt, it's pricey.

So I was wondering if anyone had some tips, websites where this sort of thing can be found for a little cheaper...?

Caporegime
best option I've found is YesAsia.com. It will always be pricy but I've got some from there before.

(I like a band called AA= (stands for all animals equal) and there are albums are called #1, #2 and #3....immensely difficult to search for!)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I thought things like this would be easier now a days, what with digital distribution & etc etc, but ye gods... 20 quid an album still hurts a bit lol.

Associate
CDJapan might be a better option as the price you pay isn't over inflated, but you would have to factor in shipping charges, any currency conversion fees your bank charges and customs fees of the item is caught when it comes into the UK.

Soldato
I personally tend to use CDJapan and a quick search shows results by the name in the OP (linky). £30 is about right for a normal Japanese album, media costs are a lot more expensive over there than here (a CD single is around £10-£11). From what I've read digital sales in Japan have actually been decreasing (helped by the Japanese love for the external bonuses which often come with their first press CDs)

CDJapan's cheapest shipping option for a single CD is normally about 500yen and takes ~2 weeks to the UK for me. There are faster options but they are more expensive. Customs charges are likely unless you are getting one single. CDJapan also take Paypal.

HMV JP are also usable although I have had issues with their checkout system in the past. Amazon JP have ridiculous shipping costs as they insist on using couriers (Fedex/DHL) for international orders.

If you want to try something more exotic then I have used FromJapan to order from shops over there who do not ship internationally themselves ... works out expensive with all the extra charges, (you have to pay shipping from the vendor to FJ plus shipping from FJ to you as well as a fee to use the service), but does also give you an ability to buy from Yahoo Japan Auctions as well.

edit
And for Shamikebab : linky

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom