Buying meat online

Soldato
I've used Musclefood a few times now and they are great value if you keep an eye out for special offers and codes. My last order had a missing item and they gave me a £20 voucher to compensate which more than made up for the missing item, great customer service. :cool:

Associate
You're definitely fine with Turner and George (who are awesome btw).

I use Turner and George quite frequently and their delivery is hit or miss, some of the items pictured on the website are very inaccurate as well to the point I had to make a complaint as I was expecting a rolled joint of meat as opposed to the ribs I received.
Credit where it's due I was contacted by James George I believe and he rectified it while also agreeing that some of the website pictures are inaccurate, I was refunded but they website pictures are still the same over a year later lol.
Turner and George do have very high quality meats but Donald Russell are far superior and the steaks are in my opinion probably the best in the UK.

Soldato
Is muscle food decent? I've been tempted with them for a while but it almost seems too cheap.

Recently signed up to receive Gousto boxes which supplies good quality meat and it's quite fun as you get to try different meals you wouldn't normally cook.

Man of Honour
Payday Friday, so can finally put a musclefood order in and see what they're like. Any good discounts other than what's on their websites?

taB

taB

Associate
I use Turner and George quite frequently and their delivery is hit or miss, some of the items pictured on the website are very inaccurate as well to the point I had to make a complaint as I was expecting a rolled joint of meat as opposed to the ribs I received.
Credit where it's due I was contacted by James George I believe and he rectified it while also agreeing that some of the website pictures are inaccurate, I was refunded but they website pictures are still the same over a year later lol.
Turner and George do have very high quality meats but Donald Russell are far superior and the steaks are in my opinion probably the best in the UK.

T&G's meat is of exceptional quality and I'd like to eat it all the time. I'm a big fan of what Mr Turner does in general: Hawksmoor, Meatopia et al.

However my last order with T&G spent 3 days with a courier company "in transit" and while I was assured that their packaging would still have the meat in decent condition I felt I had to ask for them to take it back. Having been told I'd get a refund, on checking 6 weeks later it hadn't happened and this required more chasing.

I've also had issues with Meatopia tickets (event in 10 days time) that despite emailing their info@... and being asked over twitter by them to send info over DM, having done this two weeks later they haven't bothered responding. I ended up spending an hour on the phone twice with seetickets to get it sorted.

My overall impression is that they mean well and are a cracking bunch of guys but the rate of expansion and ambition has resulted in some distinct gaps in customer service. I really hope these are plugged soon because I'd like to buy more meat.

Last edited:
Caporegime
if you have a decent butcher near buy just get what you want from them.

we did used to get half a pig cut up and you get a lot for your money.

Soldato
if you have a decent butcher near buy just get what you want from them.

we did used to get half a pig cut up and you get a lot for your money.

I would second this.

Find a decent local butcher. So much better than supermarket meat. It's also supporting those that give us that tasty meat to start with.

One thing to consider about buying meat online, is that if it's left outside your house, and they happen to deliver when you aren't there, then it might end up spoiling.

Associate
I'd say check out the local butcher but keep in mind not every butcher is better than a supermarket or buying it online, most of the time when these companies are sending the meat out they will pack it with dry ice or ice packs to keep it cool.

Soldato
I'd say check out the local butcher but keep in mind not every butcher is better than a supermarket or buying it online, most of the time when these companies are sending the meat out they will pack it with dry ice or ice packs to keep it cool.

I've been around to a few butchers in my area and at the moment I pay £10/kg when I buy 5kg or more. Pretty tasty as well, not up to par with Argentine or USDA but lean and good for every day steak.

Soldato
Anyone had issues with GreatBritishMeatCo? Placed an order last night, got no confirmation for the order and nothing for the payment through Sagepay either. I registered and re-requested my password via email, no response.

This morning my 8.4% cashback has tracked through TopCashBack so I know the order went through.

Will be firing an email off to the them if I get home and still have no information from them, just wondered if anyone else had the same issues?

Back
Top Bottom