• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Buying new 2080 or b grade 2080 ti

Associate
OP
Well performance wise the 2080 is just a 1080 ti with -3gb vram and RT cores slapped on. Also the 1080 is 3 years old now. A £700+ card in 2018/19 should have more vram.

I bought the 2080 but I know it terms of what it is...it's a pretty bad purchase. I just wish I could wait longer for 7nm

Soldato
Does the manufacturer’s warranty still apply in these cases, even if the retailer only gives 90 days?

Your contract is with the retalier not the manufacturer and as you are not the original purchaser of the goods the manufacturer is almost certain to tell you to jog on.

Regardless of whatever warranty a retailer advertises you can go back to them for up to an absolute maximum of six years (5 in Scotland) after purchase with faulty goods. In the first six months the burden is on the retailer to show the goods were not inherently faulty at sale (ignoring any stated or obvious faults at point of sale) ... after six months it's on the purchaser to prove the goods were not satisfactory, as described, or lasted a 'reasonable' amount or time whilst having to discount that any end user misue was a factor (good luck with that if you are the purchaser of a GPU).

Soldato
Does the manufacturer’s warranty still apply in these cases, even if the retailer only gives 90 days?
Not a lot of vendors offer warranty on used cards, but EVGA certainly do. It'll be backdated to when EVGA originally shipped the card out brand new though, rather than when you purchased it used.

Soldato
Well performance wise the 2080 is just a 1080 ti with -3gb vram and RT cores slapped on. Also the 1080 is 3 years old now. A £700+ card in 2018/19 should have more vram.

I bought the 2080 but I know it terms of what it is...it's a pretty bad purchase. I just wish I could wait longer for 7nm

Its hard to ignore the Radeon 7 for 2080 money, I'd look at that

Back
Top Bottom