1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

By popular demand... Acme's new daily beater/track day toy (?) thread...

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Acme, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Acme

Caporegime

I'm going to paint the whole car white. I dislike the matte black. But the matte black does make a good surface to spray over. :p

Again, "like" isn't the term I'd use for how it looks, I prefer "making the best of a bad situation"

2. flame696

Wise Guy

You know what I would do to it..... Nothing!!!
    If you like the way it looks then thats all that matters I really like it as its fun and not your average golf, BMW crap that you see everyday. I've been following this thread and have really restrained myself from not posting but after reading this page I thought, what the hell let me post my opinion.

To hell with what people think, it a fun car and if you are enjoying it then thats the end of that! Just drive it don't worry about the looks. Get it driving right and just go for a blast thee cars were a great drive just enjoy it.

Don't ever become the same as everyone else with their BMW's, audi's, golf's, seat's!!! Be unique and thats it RANT over!!!

3. adam cool dude

Sgarrista

Strip all the stickers and paint the wheels a normal colour.

4. Acme

Caporegime

But I have a BMW :(

Thanks @flame696 :D

I will when I paint it. :p

Wheels might be getting changed.

5. The Running Man

Caporegime

FYI I have found some sr20ve engines with neo vvl for about a grand and a half..

6. flame696

Wise Guy

But your BMW is cool its from an era when BMW were unique plus yours is a touring which makes it even better. I've always wanted a BMW from the 80s I grew up with my uncle driving a 1987 5 series and I've been after one since

7. Acme

Caporegime

Ive seen a couple too.

But that's an expensive exercise. Maybe if I still have it in a year. (doubtful) :p

Why thankyou. :cool:

I love E28's like your Uncle had. Nearly bought one before my E30 in fact.

All I'll say is if you do buy one, be very wary of rust... Ignore anything else, doesn't matter if the engine is missing or its been painted like a SWAT car, just focus on getting one with as little rust as possible. :p

8. Blackhawk47

Capodecina

Could always take a break, that’s what I did for like over a year. Feel better for it.

Motors has certainly changed quite a bit over the years.

9. Acme

Caporegime

I'm good now, was in a bad mood cos I wasted my morning being stupid. Couldn't get a head unit working, took the whole thing apart, inspected all the solder joints, cleaned it with contact cleaner, put it back together, still didn't work. Then I googled and found that Nissan head units earth through the aerial, and I hadn't plugged the aerial in because it had the wrong connector type...

Ive made an actual earth wire now.

10. InvaderGIR

Capodecina

In fairness, you didn't constantly purposefully draw attention to yourself and do things to get a reaction whereas Acme keeps doing things like buying this car and going "lol look at my silly purchase/idea" and then get upset when people call him out on doing something silly despite claiming he doesn't care and is happy with his purchase/idea.
    It's very odd tbh. Most people post asking for advice and accept it or post about something without making a big deal of it. Others just don't bother / barely post as they don't need the validation from others and are happy with their purchases.

11. Acme

Caporegime

Oooh what manner of thing did Diddlyums say? :p

I'm not expecting validation. Just less of the misplaced criticism from people who are missing the point that this is a bit of fun.

12. Diddums

Capodecina

TL;DR was I told you to stop being a fanny or stop posting about it, but I missed a whole page of posts where you explained why you were to emo so thought it a tad harsh.

I do think you need to either stop posting or stop giving a toss about what others think. If you're gonna drive a car like this, you need to have one hell of a flame suit. Or a pimp suit. I think a pimp suit would go perfectly with this car.

Or just buy a 530D and paint yourself beige like half the people criticizing you.

13. Blackhawk47

Capodecina

lmao I saw it, it wasn’t anything that bad.

14. garnett

Soldato

Take off the last few SWAT references and stars, and skulls, and I reckon you'll have added a few hundred quid to the thing already!

Really not sure about the current "halfway house" look. It was clearly tongue-in-cheek before. Now the car looks like its driver might just be a serious nutter.

15. The Running Man

Caporegime

Keep going acme the only ones hating are those who know nothing if the primeras btcc heritage and general awesomeness.

And to everyone else, just because there's a thread on a bb doesn't mean you have to go in and trash it if you don't like it.

There's loads if threads on here, could be about porsches, ladas or skodas..

If I like it I will go in and post, if not ill just ignore it.simple really.

16. Acme

Caporegime

Well they would be right then wouldn't they. :p

17. Stu999

Hitman

Are you going to paint it yourself or have it done professionally?

18. Acme

Caporegime

Good lord, I'm not going to have it done professionally. That would cost at least twice what I paid for the car even for a cheapy job! :p

DIY satin white Ironlak graffiti cans!

19. Stu999

Hitman

That's why I asked :D

20. gc123

Hitman

you know heres a thought some people spend loads having there new cars wrapped with matt vinyl......