Bye bye console gaming

Associate
Well I'll keep the PS4 but I am looking to build a PC for gaming. Loads of titles I would love to play that aren't available on console and some I'd buy again to play on PC.
Project Cars2, Assetto Corsa, iracing, PUBG, My Summer Car, Rust, The Forest, Euro Truck Sim....The list is long.

Look forward to gaining the knowledge needed to purchase and build my own gaming PC.

Thanks in advance for all the advice :D

Associate
Hi!

I just picked up Assetto Corsa including DLC and Project Cars 2 on the latest Black Friday Steam sale, even though my pc isn't ready yet
Lol. Give it a week and it'll be roaring. :p

I'd like to have a crack at iRacing but it's too much of a premium for me. Maybe one day aye!

You'll get all the help you need here and more. Good luck with the build.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'll have to check out those deals.

Iracing can get expensive I guess but I want to try it as you tend to not get the "I'll take out as many cars as I can on the first corner and leave the session" types.

So far I think I'm going with a Ryzen 5 1600 but that's all I've decided on. Currently looking at cases.

Associate
A similar experience can be had for less if you can find a good league to race in. For Assetto Corsa, Sim Racing System comes to mind.

If you can afford iRacing, it's not a bad option either. But it comes down to what game you like best and how it feels to drive in.

If you go with a Ryzen system, be sure to get a B350 motherboard as that will allow you to overclock with the stock cooler. It's a solid option that you can't go wrong with. Pair it with a decent GPU and you'll be set.

Associate
OP
I joined a league on AC but stopped as the races were on a Sunday and ended to late at night. Was a great community tho.

I'll definitely try iracing, just to see how physics and FFB compare to AC and PC2.

Thanks, not actually looked into motherboards yet so thanks for the pointer. For what I'm willing to spend on a GPU, I'm looking at one of the 6gb 1060's.

Associate
A 6GB 1060 is not a bad option. Although the prices are hiked due to mining of cryptocoins. I myself was looking at picking one up on Black Friday sales but I couldn't get a good enough deal. :( The price of the card hasn't moved since its release last year, which is quite sad for new PC builders like ourselves. Especially for those on a budget, like me. Hehe.

So instead of the 6GB 1060 I used a £70 voucher that I had and put in the rest cash to get a 3GB 1060. It'll be good enough for the games that I plan on playing until the new Nvidia architecture releases. Then a £250 card will be a good investment for sure.

Back
Top Bottom