CAA Drone Registration costs money!

Associate
Shotgun license is £79.50 for 5 years so £15.90 a year... so £16.50 for a drone license is very fair

£79.50 is for first granting renewals are less.But the difference between them is SGC's/FAC's are all on a register everything is serial numbered sell/buy everything has to be updated then there are visits to both you and shops plus more like checking your activities!
While a drone isn't serial numbered it's just a piece of paper which probably don't even get as "only on line?" so just head on line give your account details and Kerchink that will be £16.50 please
plus it isn't for the drone it's bod flying it.
Decent sized model aircraft fly from CAA/Mil spec registered airfields so not ad hoc Kamikaze pilots esp as those planes cost a lot! they already pass tests and other things anyway so this is just another stealth tax
Like the crap at gatwick non event something to destract eyes away from what was going on with other matters like brexit sh!te
But gullible sheep all Baa Baa in there iphones at it!

We have had many other schemes over the years to extract money from you and this will be just like the CB licence was what did you get and what did it do? nothing just had a worthless bit of paper

Soldato
OP
I wont be registering that's for sure, I've built a few quads that are below the weight limits and are actually more fun to fly in smaller places (like a park) than my big hefty 6S monster. Got my armattan gecko with hd recording for those cruising about flights and my toothpick 65mm sub 40g tiny rocket for flying around outside in parks.

If your worried about the potential damage it can cause, how about have someone lob a mars bar at you and see how much it hurts.

Back
Top Bottom