Cabin In The Woods

Soldato
Just got back. Thought it was very good indeed, if somewhat overhyped.

Also:

Did anyone else notice the Boomer from Left 4 Dead standing in one of the glass cages during the pull-back shot revealing the various sliding blocks?

Some of the CGI was pretty dodgy, though.

Soldato
Loved it best horror i have seen for years, was up there with the first SAW film for keeping me engrossed although the kind of hampered any sequel with the end

Soldato
I got to go to a preview screening a couple of weeks ago.:cool: Most of the audience were buzzing on the way out but I did overhear one person say 'Well, I'm glad I didn't pay to see that!'
Maybe total deconstruction of a genre is just too meta for some people. Or something.

I really enjoyed it though. Spoilerless review here if anyone is interested.

Don
I've scrolled through this thread in about 10 seconds, just to quickly view the 'out of ten' ratings.

Going to see it tomorrow and don't want any accidental spoilers :D, haven't watched the trailer, just heard it's meant to be great

Associate
watched it last night with a friend, thoroughly enjoyed it! Just a few thoughts though...

- both of us loved the Japenese girls and the ghost, made us laugh!
- The two guys in the control room were fab!

issues/thoughts...

- Why did they open the elevator at the end with just one guard there? Why not wait for the others?
- Would you really have a big 'purge' button to let all the nasties out without security keys etc?
- Why have security with guns that are hopeless against the monsters? How did they catch them in the first place?
- And if the electric invisible barriers were surrounding the 'set' to stop the monsters escaping why didn't they not have these security measures/safe zones in the facility?

Severe lack of risk assessment haha!!

Overall a great film though, 9/10 easy

Soldato
It was ok, kept me entertained, but it's no "game changer". I also watched it without having seen any trailers and thought that the opening sequence (and it's continuation, trying to say this without spoilers) killed off any suspense the film might have had.
Some of the characters were shallower than a puddle on a hot day in the Sahara, although it was amusing reading some reviews afterwards where the reviewers complained they were too stereotypical. :)

Caporegime
I already did in the film you saw last night thread. Thought it was utter rubbish, as did 99% of the people in the cinema.

LOLLing hard here....wait seriously did you go up to each and every other person in the cinema and asked them what they thought of the movie??. If you didnt then why chat so much utter rubbish.

For the record i thought it was a bloody good movie compared to some of the utter tripe ive watched in the past few weeks ie Hunger games for instance.

Soldato
OP
Thought it was utter rubbish, as did 99% of the people in the cinema.

Polar opposite to my experience, cinema was at max capacity and no one was making any noise or messing around like i've got used to. People were just being silent and enjoying the movie. Could hear peoples comments as we left and it felt as though everyone loved it.

Have spoken with loads of folks at work and i'm yet to find someone with a bad word to say about this movie.

Soldato
From the trailer it just looks like the generic 'teens go off to a remote location for the weekend and all hell breaks loose' type of film! Seen many films that follow this premise. Of course I'm speculating as I haven't seen it yet, so i'll trust this threads posters and get the blu ray when it's released, don't generally go to the flicks as I find it very distracting listening to people crunching on their munchies.:p

Don
smit, it's one of those films that the cinema laughter will enhance the enjoyment of the film :)

the bad guy holding the circular puzzle thing really creeped me out, found him way scarier than anything else in the whole film!

Really enjoyed it

It is one of those films that on your DVD rack, you'd store it on the safe shelf as Drag Me to Hell, Thirteen Ghosts and My Little Eye. Maybe watch it once every 3 years :p

Back
Top Bottom