Cabin In The Woods

Caporegime
just got the steel book and watched it with the gf

have to say its the first ever horror/comedy i have liked ever. i hate the mix usually. but it wasnt stupid humour.

it also did a very good job of having no dull patches, had i not known the length of the film i would have thought it was going to be short at one point.

its nice to see something a bit different and proves theres still creativity to be had in the horror genre..
it wasnt transparent but wasnt impossible to predict

to start with i thought.. a bit generic (had seen no reviews just good feedback) teenagers in woods etc
then i thought is it like.. my little eye?.. snuff movie.
then i couldnt figure out if the monsters were real or robotic or WTF
how can ther be so many people involved in producing this expensive facility?
at some point past half way i guessed it was something supernatural and 'real world threat' rather than money based
some CGI at the end was not the best
suprised to see sigourny
why did they let the world end? lol
as someone mentioned..big red button? lol

great title of film.. misleading
interesting throughout.. i was thinking so much it took away from fear
great new concept

overall
rating as a film 9/10
and seeing as a good horror is usually 5-6/10 that is excellent.
for the genre 10/10
i guess the most impressive features of the film were.. i didnt feel any bits were fillers (a pure horror needs lulls in the fear) which is a huge achievement, it wasnt bitty but flowed and was interesting throughout
not so good..maybe weak characters.. except potty.. but needed them to 'fit' roles.. didnt care or feel for any of them so maybe a bit of character development needed
again.. just proves that horror isnt dead! thanks production crew!

Last edited:
Associate
Just what kind of movie it's meant to be. I'm guessing the most obvious category to put it in would be a black comedy?

I know what you mean, I watched it recently and I actually enjoyed the fact that it doesn't really fit in any category - nice for a change!

Best way to describe it is probably with the old: "Jack of all trades, but master of none"

It had good scary bits, funny bits, action bits and a pretty strong story (not re-hashed usual story anyway, maybe good is a bit strong!)

I enjoyed, but wouldn't watch again.

Soldato
I watched Bulletproof Monk, last night. It's one of the worst films I've seen of late, EXCEPT Cabin in the Woods.

I can still smell this film :)

Soldato
OP
I've watched it four times so far, every time I watch it I notice a new horror nuance that I didn't spot before, this was my second favorite movie of last year.

Soldato
Watched it for the first time a few weeks back. Thought it was quite good, but not as awesome as I was expecting. I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan though, so I'll probably watch it again and "get" a lot more of the stuff I didn't pick up on the first time.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Can the people who loved it explain what they enjoyed so much about it. I just didn't see anything that was "good" in the film. It was alright but I am really struggling to see what was genre re-defining or where these brilliant twists were.

They gave away 90% of the plot as soon as they started with the monsters and then it was just a standard monster based horror story.

Back
Top Bottom