Cabinet of Curiosities (Netflix)

Soldato
Watched 4 episodes and I am pretty disappointed, with the pointlessly extended 4th episode being borderline awful. Nothing special about them, really mediocre stories and bad pacing.

I rate them in this order so far (from awful to average):

Ep 4 - The Outside
Ep 1 - Lot 36
Ep 2 - Graveyard Rats
Ep 3 - The Autopsy

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Caporegime
Watched 4 episodes and I am pretty disappointed, with the pointlessly extended 4th episode being borderline awful. Nothing special about them, really mediocre stories and bad pacing.

I rate them in this order so far (from awful to average):

Ep 4 - The Outside
Ep 1 - Lot 36
Ep 2 - Graveyard Rats
Ep 3 - The Autopsy

I watched the first episode and it was a long build up for a final 2 minutes of "horror"

Not great.

Also why do the opening credits look like they were made for a 90's FMV game?

Caporegime
Thought the first two were good so far, second one made me uncomfortable as hell but I can't stand the thought of being trapped underground with rats.

I get a horror podcasty vibe from this, little one shot stories. I'm enjoying them.

Man of Honour
I’ve been watching through these.

I’d say they are a mixed bag. They can succeed stylistically, or it can be grating. The stories are always intriguing but not always satisfying in how they are resolved. You’re in it for the ride rather than the destination.

The stories are best when they are short stories, rather than ‘underdeveloped films’.

Last night, I watch the episode where they are ‘sat round a table’ (‘the viewing’ - I believe). At first, the over-stylised approach was very irritating to me, particularly with the camera artefacts. Then, I was very intrigued and then the ending sections were… well - I always love the feeling of not knowing what will happen next :D

So it started off annoying and then ended up very good / essential! I’d recommend that one for sure.

Other episodes, such as the one with Rupert Grint, felt better suited to a longer run time - it was rushed / nonsensical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Caporegime
Was hoping for better.

Watched e01. The thought had promise.
Then got the rat one. Yeah.. No.

Comedy and horror is one genre mix I cannot get on with. And felt like this was where this series was going

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Must admit, I was a little bit bothered by the first episode...

It set up that his prejudices were his own downfall but... really?! He was a bit of an arse and it alluded that he had some less than ideal views, but it also made it clear that it was a product of his perception and history. He got lumped with an awkward situation because of the incompetence of two others, then we're supposed to think he's deserving of death because he's a bit of an ******** when he's having a bad day?

I thought it was really odd - am I actually supposed to think he was being super unreasonable and deserved to die!? :confused:

If you've seen the Twilight Zone Movie, there is a similar set-up in the first 'story' of that... only there the guy is far more unreasonable and downright racist, so it made much more sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom