Cable make recommendations

Soldato
Cable recommendations

I now have my new amp and speakers on the way, can someone recommend me some good makes and suppliers of cabling, or what to look for so i can get some decent cabling ordered?

Last edited:
Soldato
qed
ixos
chord
make very good speaker cables + interconnects from very cheap to very expensive :D

i use qed silver anniversery speaker cable @ £5 a meter one of the best cables you can get for less than £10 a meter
And i use some qed qnect2 interconnects which were £30 i think also very good ;)
No use spending ££££ on good amp+speakers then spoiling the sound with cheap crappy cables get the above and you will love them :D
try avland.co.uk

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Was looking at Ixos myself, just trying to work out if its really worth biwiring, because a lot of people say it makes no difference, some say it does, and some say it does, but after a while you realise it makes everything sound samey and cack.

Permabanned
danoliver1 said:
qed
No use spending ££££ on good amp+speakers then spoiling the sound with cheap crappy cables get the above and you will love them :D
try avland.co.uk

Expensive speaker cable is a waste of cash, low resistance is all that is required. get 4mm CSA cable & enjoy.

Permabanned
danoliver1 said:
The trouble with cheap speaker cable is that youll always wonder if it will sound better with more expensive cable then youll buy them down the line anyway, so you might as well get them now :D

been there, done that.. went back to the cheap stuff :o

Soldato
Van Damne Blue as previously suggested is what i'd go with. I use Silver anniversary with these speakers but the blue sounds the same tbh. Tried bi-wiring, didn't make any difference to me. What amp and speakers are they anyway?

Caporegime
mcmad said:
Expensive speaker cable is a waste of cash, low resistance is all that is required. get 4mm CSA cable & enjoy.

sorry but he speaketh the truth

my dad did the same, bought expensive cable on his first hi-fi install, but when he bought a 2nd system, the cable came with it.

He swapped the 2 over, couldnt hear any difference.

expensive speaker cable is a mugs games.

Hi-Fi is just a minefield of rip offs...

Back
Top Bottom