Cadbury has shrunk the size of its Dairy Milk sharing bars by 10%, but will not reduce the price.

V F

V F

Soldato
Have you seen the size of a Micro Machine wheel!?!? ....Sorry Wagon Wheel Is the correct name

Not in a long, long time. I remember they were massive. Or at least in pack lunches for school. Yorkies used to be massive as well and Toblerone used to be a hot topic many, many years ago here.

Soldato
what?!?!? I used to love walnut whips as a child.

haven't even seen them in a decade afaik

Yeah they did a few years back and it got quite a bit of publicity / free advertising. I think they have reintroduced a version with the nut back on since then.

Caporegime
Same with a 30g pack of crisps for 80p or 120g for £1, if on offer. Why would I buy a tiny bag when I can devour a huge bag.
I love a big bag of crisps, but I just cannot find a big sharing bag of ready salted that has a proper amount of salt in. They’re all bland due to the pathetic amounts of salt.

I don’t want lightly salted rubbish, I want dollops of the stuff.

Associate
Cadburys is awful anyway these days, more like chocolate flavour candy. Green & Blacks or Lindt 85% or 90% dark gives you a decent hit.

Absolutely this, most the popular choc bars of youth are sugary muck these days. Cadbury are by far the worst. I try and avoid refined sugar but if I am craving chocolate a good quality dark bar is the way to go, or a dark hot chocolate mmmmm.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah they did a few years back and it got quite a bit of publicity / free advertising. I think they have reintroduced a version with the nut back on since then.

Deadly if you spilled the cream onto anything. Horribly sticky but great memories of the late 80s for Walnut Whip in Christmas stockings.

Soldato
Deadly if you spilled the cream onto anything. Horribly sticky but great memories of the late 80s for Walnut Whip in Christmas stockings.

One of the classics.

In the 90s I bought a set of acrylic paints. Inspired by Bob Ross I tried painting a mountain scene. It wasn't very convincing and I remember my brother saying it looked like a Walnut Whip.

Soldato
Must have cost them a bit of money for the new bar molds. Those aren't cheap.
are the reductions exclusive to the uk .. eu kept the original size non-dairy(?) bars and molds
How is the UK on the obesity front versus eu - couldn't but think of this thread with the report on unecessary baby mortality in UK, wondering if the two were related.

to give them their due was given some bars of their white chocolate at xmas that weren't bad

Soldato
When I was a kid, bars of Dairy Milk were about the size of a single stick of DDR ram and cost 2d, (a bit less than a new penny) we got one a week if we were good. On that basis even the new sharing bar should suit a family of five for a couple of days at least.

Back
Top Bottom