Cafetiere but for tea?

Soldato
Does such a thing exist?

Im after something to make tea using loose tea but not a traditional tea pot.

Ive got a strainer and a pot but something like a Cafetiere would be a lot easier and less hassle.

Or am i being silly and it is just a Cafetiere?

Soldato
OP
that mite be what im after, if i have a pot on my own and i get 3 cups out of it you got to drink fast :p

or strain it into another pot or something.

Associate
The best thing is just a normal cafetiere, or a simple teapot with a mini sieve to catch the leaves.

Virtually all of the purpose build tea strainers (like the ones Siliconslave linked) have a really restrictive leaf chamber that doesn't allow the leaves to circulate properly. It works okay with crap quality leaf tea because it's basically tea dust like you find in teabags, but good quality leaves just expand too much and clog it up.

That said, the Adagio one that Ekim mentioned looks really good, I've considered buying one but they seem pretty expensive for what they are.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Soldato
I'm reliably informed that one has to be wary of cafetieres and similar products that involve compressing the tea as, just like squeezing a teabag, compression releases more tanin into one's beverage and spoils the flavour... as well as being bad for one.

However, I use teabags anyway, so don't really have an opinion either way! :D

Back
Top Bottom