1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caffeine Detox Time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LiE, 9 Jan 2019.

1. SideWinder

Consigliere

Oo-er! :p When you said crushing the pills up, wasn't sure what the next suggestion was going to be... :o

2. LuckyBenski

Soldato

Don't you shame me!

In honesty though, quitting the caffeine itself went ok. Tapered down to 1 cup a day as intended, then stopped that completely a few days before my medication started (mid August).

I feel amazingly consistent with energy levels now - but to be really really clear, the medication is a stimulant I take every morning so obviously that's having an impact. It's basically impossible for me to figure out whether the no-caffeine, medication or both are helping.

Either way the feeling of not being groggy and sleepy for the first 4-6 hours of every day is remarkable. I haven't woken up feeling rested and normal since I was about 22 (34 now). I don't plan to stop the medication but if I do, I'm definitely sticking to no caffeine.

On a side note, I've developed some digestive issues that are new to me and quite challenging. Again this could be down to drastic changes all at once - no caffeine, I cut most biscuits out in favour of nuts/seeds/fruit, medication causes me to forget meals... Going to the Dr this week to see if it's something that should pass.

It's just a shame I can't get a decent decaf tea brewed, I usually make my tea offensively strong and dark. At least I've gotten used to it I guess :(

3. SideWinder

Consigliere

Weird question actually, do you all like espresso martinis too? And coffee cake? I love them both...

4. tom_e

Man of Honour

Hate coffee, but I'm a fan of both of those.
    I'm at the crushing caffeine pills and snorting them stage, next step is straight into a vein :o

5. SideWinder

Consigliere

I thought the crushing bit was a joke! :eek: