Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Caporegime
OP
Zombies is the type of game mode you really need to stick with, I never played it before but have played it loads in this, 1 hour in you won’t really have any idea what you’re doing.

It’s heaps of fun once you get things going, and it’s also good for levelling guns

Caporegime
Just popped on a quick game of zombies (trial) with 3 unknowns for some ranking up.

2.5hr later and round 43 we are flying out on the chopper having done the Easter egg. Best part of it. No one spoke for the whole time, I was clueless as to what they were doing having only read a quick guide earlier on it.

Soldato
I find that the iron sights in this game is better than any other COD for me.
Wonder if it's because of the FOV slider, but I don't feel the need for any gun (thus far), to waste an attachment slot on for a sight. In fact, I find I play better without it.

I'm so OP on PC

If I use my mouse and keyboard it puts me in lobbies with mostly pc players. So I managed to keep the controller connected and still use my mouse and keyboard while getting into lobbies with just console gamers. My kill to death ratio is now 7:1 :D

That's not how crossplay works. Cross play is enabled or not, there is no input based matchmaking like with Halo. I had to quit out of a couple lobbies where there were really good PC kb/m snipers, and it's just not contestable. There's an option somewhere in settings to show the lobbies' inputs (shows up an a kb/m or controller icon)

Soldato
I've lost some of my advantage anyway. It's uses a skill based matchmaking - I'm still getting mostly matched with console players (call of duty is not very popular on PC in my country) but the quality of the players are much better. Instead of a 7:1 KD, I'm now getting between 1.5 and 2.5 each game which is ok I guess.

I'm a pretty bad player myself now, age has seriously dampened my skills. Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 was my stomping ground back in the day, on those I could get games with 10:1 kd ratio against just PC players

Associate
I find that the iron sights in this game is better than any other COD for me.
Wonder if it's because of the FOV slider, but I don't feel the need for any gun (thus far), to waste an attachment slot on for a sight. In fact, I find I play better without it.

That's not how crossplay works. Cross play is enabled or not, there is no input based matchmaking like with Halo. I had to quit out of a couple lobbies where there were really good PC kb/m snipers, and it's just not contestable. There's an option somewhere in settings to show the lobbies' inputs (shows up an a kb/m or controller icon)

Crossplay is either enabled or disabled but the person you're replying to is also kind of right as well. If you play on controller you generally get paired with more console players, KnM you get more PC players.

Snipers in general are too op on this. They need to bring flinch back and get aim assist off as well.

Soldato
The keyboard and mouse thing is no real advantage because controller users have aim assist. They snap onto you from a distance straight away whereas with a mouse you have to manually find the target. I've been very surprised how much of an advantage it is, especially whilst ADS. I'm still far from happy with the way the mouse feels, I'd like to have a go at the PC version to see if it's the same, I have a sneaking suspicion it isn't.

Soldato
Crossplay is either enabled or disabled but the person you're replying to is also kind of right as well. If you play on controller you generally get paired with more console players, KnM you get more PC players.

Snipers in general are too op on this. They need to bring flinch back and get aim assist off as well.

I don't think this is accurate.

It feels that I very often get even split between PS, Xbox and PC. Sometimes half the lobby is PC. This is only anecdotal evidence, as I obviously haven't tracked all lobbies, nor is there a way to cut through platform popularity. What's your source of info?

Snipers being OP: Nope,I very much disagree on this point, and the sniping community agrees that this COD is the worst for snipers in many years. When you see people slaying with snipers, that's because they've been doing it for years and years. The ADS is very slow relevant to any other COD in recent history, and the "aim assist" is so very slight.

Associate
I don't think this is accurate.

It feels that I very often get even split between PS, Xbox and PC. Sometimes half the lobby is PC. This is only anecdotal evidence, as I obviously haven't tracked all lobbies, nor is there a way to cut through platform popularity. What's your source of info?

Snipers being OP: Nope,I very much disagree on this point, and the sniping community agrees that this COD is the worst for snipers in many years. When you see people slaying with snipers, that's because they've been doing it for years and years. The ADS is very slow relevant to any other COD in recent history, and the "aim assist" is so very slight.

Oh it was a while ago I saw that, something may have changed, it definitely lines up with the lobbies I get but I could be wrong.

They're not balanced correctly. ADS should be faster but they should have flinch and no aim assist. It might be very slight for you but that can be changed in game settings.

Soldato
The keyboard and mouse thing is no real advantage because controller users have aim assist. They snap onto you from a distance straight away whereas with a mouse you have to manually find the target. I've been very surprised how much of an advantage it is, especially whilst ADS. I'm still far from happy with the way the mouse feels, I'd like to have a go at the PC version to see if it's the same, I have a sneaking suspicion it isn't.

This.

Soldato
Not sure what the 1gig update was for last night but the lobby crashing is now unbearable, I also got kicked several times from the servers. On a more positive note I saw that the Black Ops 2 Map "Express" is making a return next week. This is another of my all time favourites along with "Hijack" and "Raid".

On the K&M thing, I read that setting your monitor co-efficient to "0" helps with ADS accuracy. I gave it a go last night and I think it might be true, I'm trying to prestige the Type 63 and I do seem to be getting on target slightly better, still feels a bit off though.

Caporegime

Tbh I'd rather be able to snap onto someone instantly with a mouse than push a stick around until I get some light assistance.

Soldato
I agree, it feels weird though, something is off with the aiming. I don't know if it's specific to mouse on a console or in general but it feels so different to say BLOPS 2, and not in a good way. I seem to be fighting it all the time.

Soldato
Looks like those who were able to get the game dirt cheap are getting the PS store refunded and game "revoked". @Kreeeee , from memory I think you said you got it super cheap too? Have you had a refund?

Associate
I jsut received this game. I have an issue with Ps5 storage tho. If I want to keep both MW and CW installed it’ll take half of the storage. Can I uninstall warzone and the campaigns. I just want to keep the multiplayer for both games.

Soldato
Always hated snipers, pure filth. However, in the spirit of going for diamond I've reluctantly started trying out the sniper moshpit to improve my lack of skill and level the guns up. I think it's really, really hard to get this quickscope business right, it's a completely different game to spraying someone with an smg.

Soldato
Always hated snipers, pure filth. However, in the spirit of going for diamond I've reluctantly started trying out the sniper moshpit to improve my lack of skill and level the guns up. I think it's really, really hard to get this quickscope business right, it's a completely different game to spraying someone with an smg.
I have been trying to figure out the quick scoping a little this weekend to and it's beyond me

Not a sniper rifle person. I like my assault rifles

Back
Top Bottom