Call of Duty: Black Ops

Associate
It was more the lack of deaths than the kill levels that made me guess at the use of camp spots, using any of those perks you are left prone I thought? and who doesnt at least have a class that contains some kind of rocket launcher, thats just asking for trouble. I think this is where the support strike players will be so vital in MW3, nullifying this sort of 47-0 rampage.

Soldato
Agree, thing is, if they don't have ghost and you're quick enough, you can easily take out anyone locking on with an RL before they fire.

I just bury myself deep in the garden. Thing is, in Nuketown, you can take the whole team out with minute they spawn with the Huey or Hind.

KDR is 1.38
30435 kills / 22067 deaths.
Best kill streak is 20 (that doesn't include killstreaks I take it)

Last edited:
Soldato
Double XP weekend WOOOOOOO!!!!

What sensitivity do you guys all play on? I switch between 2/3, my friend plays on 8 which I think is ridiculous. What about you guys?

Soldato
Double XP weekend WOOOOOOO!!!!

What sensitivity do you guys all play on? I switch between 2/3, my friend plays on 8 which I think is ridiculous. What about you guys?

P.s. please add my gamertag, I only have a handful of friends on there and would love some partners in crime!!

tommyvicious88

Caporegime
IF you have a decent team who know how to control a map go SR71, CG and Dogs.

Use you SR71 to get to dogs, kill farm with the SR71 then let the dogs go with the CG. Easy way for kills, 76-6 on hazard yesterday.

The last few weeks my KDR has gone from 1.6 to near 1.8, getting some rediculous scores, I think BO just needs a diff way to play to previous CODs hence why people hated it.

I really like it and think the Moshpit mode with a few of you online is one of the better COD games, I think the weapon and killstreak balancing is really good. The latest DLC maps are great too.

Associate
The problem is that methods which can lead to you getting 76-6 mean the game isnt balanced at all. Fine you should BE ABLE to get that by being good, but you should also be able to stop that as well. Its the worst game in the world when you are on the other end of that sort of streak domination, its what made me stop playing this game a lot earlier than any other COD. COD4 was probably the perfect game in terms of balance, it needed a good team performance to get a heavy win but it was also still possible to do well individually, this is something that BO didnt quite get right in my opinion, and its just my opinion. Sure you could still get a hammering on COD4, but it didnt happen so regularly.

Having said all that I dont think that the combination of streaks should be removed or nerfed, I just want to be able to reverse it or stop it, which brings the balance and this sounds like whats happening with the mixture of strike packages in MW3.

Caporegime
Mosh Pit, so either Domination or Demolition is easy enough when people ignore Chopper gunners (despite being easy to take down before they even fire a bullet)

Soldato
Demolition on Nuke Town can be virtually impossible against a good team that push you back, because you only ever spawn on one side, so if they're all looking your spawn you're dead almost instantly. Got my best score, of 123 kills on one of them with two chopper gunners :) dirty, really dirty.

Soldato
The problem is that methods which can lead to you getting 76-6 mean the game isnt balanced at all. Fine you should BE ABLE to get that by being good, but you should also be able to stop that as well. Its the worst game in the world when you are on the other end of that sort of streak domination, its what made me stop playing this game a lot earlier than any other COD. COD4 was probably the perfect game in terms of balance, it needed a good team performance to get a heavy win but it was also still possible to do well individually, this is something that BO didnt quite get right in my opinion, and its just my opinion. Sure you could still get a hammering on COD4, but it didnt happen so regularly.

Having said all that I dont think that the combination of streaks should be removed or nerfed, I just want to be able to reverse it or stop it, which brings the balance and this sounds like whats happening with the mixture of strike packages in MW3.

+1 for most unbalanced COD if you play with a strong team of 6 it's ridiculous how easy the game is. I found that the team I was playing with usually always ran the SR71 as soon as the first one went up it was game over for the enemy and due to no death streaks the enemy don't have a chance. Demo coupled with a strong team = stupid

Caporegime
i decided to play a few rounds of Black Ops last night to get my prestige to register.

Rank 1, with nothing but the basic assault class, and on my own

I went 14 for 3

Completely unheard of for me !

Last edited:
Soldato
+1 for most unbalanced COD if you play with a strong team of 6 it's ridiculous how easy the game is. I found that the team I was playing with usually always ran the SR71 as soon as the first one went up it was game over for the enemy and due to no death streaks the enemy don't have a chance. Demo coupled with a strong team = stupid

This!

We had a 6 player party of friends last night, we tried a bunch of game types, we didn't lose once. Every HQ game was 250 - 0 ! lol

Associate
The match making just seems to love slotting a bunch of solo players against a party of 6 fair enough when players leave one by one, but at the lobby stage it really should do better.

Probably just as well I never really enjoyed close battles on Black Ops sometimes it feels like I'm playing on a different connection in a full party and not in a good way. Its weird that I could pair up with just the host on occasion and have an awesome connection. Roll on FTTC.

Back
Top Bottom