Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
My render target resolution was set to 150% after the update.

Killed my fps, knocked it back to 100% and all good.
Yeh, thatwould do it :D

At least they fixed the bug where if you launch the game minimised it changes settings to 50% target resolution and lowers some settings.

One highly annoying bug is still in the game for me.
When I go to a buy station, sometimes I will get stuck to it and cannot move. The only way to get out is by going prone and moving around a bit. Not annoying at all buying a loadout, only to get stuck for a few seconds and sniped in the head from buy station campers :mad:

Soldato
I cant wait for Plunder to come back, i just cannot play regular BR.

However in Plunder i seem to do well, Probably because when you die you can keep on coming back endless and i feel is more fun and not so sweaty.

I'm still having a proper real issue with sound though in this game, Literally just don't hear enemy footsteps at all.

Soldato
I cant wait for Plunder to come back, i just cannot play regular BR.

However in Plunder i seem to do well, Probably because when you die you can keep on coming back endless and i feel is more fun and not so sweaty.

I'm still having a proper real issue with sound though in this game, Literally just don't hear enemy footsteps at all.
Why cant they just have plunder, clash and all BR modes? (sole, dueo, trio & quads)
I really enjoyed Clash when playing by myself and not wanting to play plunder or BR

Audio wise, what settings do you have in Warzone and what setting on EQ / software you use for soundcard / DAC?

Soldato
What headphones are you using?

DT770 Pro 250 hm

Why cant they just have plunder, clash and all BR modes? (sole, dueo, trio & quads)
I really enjoyed Clash when playing by myself and not wanting to play plunder or BR

Audio wise, what settings do you have in Warzone and what setting on EQ / software you use for soundcard / DAC?

Christ knows, they keep bloody messing about with it, Just removing entirely one whole game mode really is annoying especially when its the ONLY game mode you play.
i was going to buy some skins the other night but thought why should i when they keep removing game modes.

In game settings for Audio -

• Audio Mix - Home Theatre
  • Master Volume - 100
  • Music Volume - 0
  • Effects Volume - 100
  • Cinematics Volume - 100

Although it doesn't seem to matter what Audio Mix i use, Still i don't hear enemy footsteps coming, I know there is the silent perk but literally everyone? lol

This is the Xonar STX 2 panel
PdxxJbb.png

Soldato
I'm unfamiliar with the xonar settings but what I would be trying is resetting all sound settings on it to default then enable EQ, boost the 125hz by 6db and have the in-game setting to boost/boost high.

You may want to try lowering the EQ around the 125hz area also.
I think the DT770 are quite bassy so possibly they could be drowning out the audio cue for footsteps.

Associate
I tend to find that footsteps are very temperamental. Sometimes they're fine, other times people just run up behind me without dead silence and I hear nothing. I should probably experiment further with my Soundblaster settings though before saying definitively that it's broken. The other thing about the sound is that quite often it's impossible to tell whether someone is above or below you. The sound seems very 2d.

Soldato
If I put the in game to Boost High I find footsteps to be much louder but also deafens me when I jump out of the helis. But sound seems inconsistent to me in this game as mentioned before where sometimes you just hear nothing :p
Ghosts of Verdansk seems pretty good for levelling weapons, one decent game gets a ton of levels!

Soldato
If I put the in game to Boost High I find footsteps to be much louder but also deafens me when I jump out of the helis. But sound seems inconsistent to me in this game as mentioned before where sometimes you just hear nothing :p
Ghosts of Verdansk seems pretty good for levelling weapons, one decent game gets a ton of levels!

I found using boost for a while then switching to boost high was a bit heavy going on the treble. I believe boost is meant to be better for the mids where the footstep range is.

Soldato
There was a video where someone analysed the footstep frequency. The conclusion was to raise the 125Hz a few Db
I just wish you could turn off some of the other unnecessary sounds like plunder heli cash drops. Dont get me started on that numbers rubbish where you had to hide in a corner until it went away as you couldnt hear anything but that for a minute or so

Caporegime
Just went back to the 457.51's, performance has gone way up and you can use Sharpen in the Nvidia control panel again without using Geforce Experience!

Soldato
Just went back to the 457.51's, performance has gone way up and you can use Sharpen in the Nvidia control panel again without using Geforce Experience!
What were you using when performance was lower? Im on 461.40 and it seems quite stable.
Im sure a recent update cured the recent performance issues for me (slight stutter occasionally but FPS not changing from 97 locked)

Soldato
I assume this was the video you mentioned a few posts up regarding analysing the footstep frequency.
He recommends 'boost' at around the 15:00 mark.

I found boost makes my own footsteps too loud. Studio ref and higher volume works better for hearing crates and footsteps

Soldato
I found boost makes my own footsteps too loud. Studio ref and higher volume works better for hearing crates and footsteps

I'll give it a whirl. Cheers!

I think I'm currently on 472.12 that was out for the vanguard Beta.

On a sidenote, I've been reading a few threads elsewhere of people being permabanned when using Overwolf with windows 11.

Back
Top Bottom