Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
Audio can be bad in this game, guy few a helicopter to come get a bounty on me didn't hear it land right behind me just about never hear parachutes either

Associate
Few of us were getting killed at the start of a plunder round earlier, I checked the kill cam and he could hardly see us while dropping in yet took us out, we were like a spec of dust on his screen.
I know it's possible to kill while dropping in but that was just crazy.

Soldato
I hadnt forgot about your replies guys,Was just waiting for when i re-installed windows to then mess about.

I'm unfamiliar with the xonar settings but what I would be trying is resetting all sound settings on it to default then enable EQ, boost the 125hz by 6db and have the in-game setting to boost/boost high.

You may want to try lowering the EQ around the 125hz area also.
I think the DT770 are quite bassy so possibly they could be drowning out the audio cue for footsteps.

Yeah the DT770 are quite bassy,What i find is a HUGE issue for me atm is the general audio of the game like choppers,cars,explosions,crates or the notification of a contract been complete are super loud and often happen at the worst time completely drounding out any other noises if i know someone else has just ran into the building.

I tend to find that footsteps are very temperamental. Sometimes they're fine, other times people just run up behind me without dead silence and I hear nothing. I should probably experiment further with my Soundblaster settings though before saying definitively that it's broken. The other thing about the sound is that quite often it's impossible to tell whether someone is above or below you. The sound seems very 2d.

Yes, generally I've never come across sound issues in any other games, In NewZ game where sound is VERY important i could easily pinpoint someone below or above me, Just seems to be Warzone that's fudged up.

Try something like this if you can in Xonar EQ

Raise at 125Hz. Beyerdynamic DT1770 headphones

Game

EQ (Sound blaster command)
Will give it a try, thank you.

If I put the in game to Boost High I find footsteps to be much louder but also deafens me when I jump out of the helis. But sound seems inconsistent to me in this game as mentioned before where sometimes you just hear nothing :p
Ghosts of Verdansk seems pretty good for levelling weapons, one decent game gets a ton of levels!
I tried studio reference last night after a fresh install and like mentioned above,general audio of the game like choppers,cars,explosions,crates or the notification of a contract been complete are super loud and drounds any other noise.

Il have to try Boost High.

Soldato
I find boost high is worse than reference. It made my own footsteps super loud which makes hearing other footsteps harder and also hearing things like supply boxes harder

Soldato
I just cant seem to make the ambient? noises quieter, like when the jets scream past or someone calls in a chopper its soooooo loud that i cant hear anything else lol.

Caporegime
The 457.51's are such amazing drivers compared to the latest ones, they perform so much better in Warzone with higher minimum's and average's in the frame rates, no crashes AND the Sharpen Filter's work perfectly well with the Nvidia control panel (not black listed) so you don't need Geforce Experience.

Associate
Few of us were getting killed at the start of a plunder round earlier, I checked the kill cam and he could hardly see us while dropping in yet took us out, we were like a spec of dust on his screen.
I know it's possible to kill while dropping in but that was just crazy.

someone in my squad did this the other landed and started shooting people I couldnt even see

wallhacks are the real issue again watching some people play its so blatent maybe the hardware bans will start to dent this a little with the new anti cheat

Soldato
amp is a nice little gun as well
I used the 80 round full auto Sykov (Sorokin?) for a bit but like my K31 sniper so prefer the M13. I'll usually go M13 (with VLK3 scope) on first loadout and ghost and try to pick up a sniper rifle somewhere like a K31 or Pelington. Where the hell are all the ground loot HDRs, AX50s and numerous other Modern Warfare guns? I've not seen a ground loot Oden for years :(

Soldato
They be gone and I suspect many more will go soon once Vanguard is out.
Although I did hear the new map wouldn't be set in WW2 times but rather a left over from the era which would make it easier to have weapons with the attachments from all the games.

Caporegime
Not a single crash or hitch tonight with frame rates at least 10-20 above what they used to be with the 457.x drivers..... Glad I ditched those awful later drivers, including the NVIDIA Hotfix GeForce 496!

Also Sharpen works in the Nvidia Control Panel for Warzone, which means I no longer have to use Geforce Experience!

Soldato
I've had no problems with the latest drivers funnily enough and it feels like I've gained about 20 FPS oddly enough! Had issues with earlier ones where I couldn't add a filter in the NVidia panel but that was about it. There is a known issue with drivers at the moment I believe!

Back
Top Bottom