Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
Hi All, i thought i'd ask in here if anyone has an idea how to fix an annoyance.

I have 2 pcs. One boots into windows. Battle net runs in the background, game will start updating if need be, all without any input from me. Great, when there is a monster update for warzone, i can pop the PC on, and it'll get itself sorted by the time i'm ready to play.

The other PC, every single time it boots, i get the battle.net agent UAC pop up... EVERY SINGLE TIME i boot the PC, it drives me round the bend, presumably no update will download or install until ive clicked yes.

Ive no idea why one does it, and the other doesnt. i even re-installed windows and it still does it. ive tried going the the battle agent thing and setting the properties to always run it as admin, that hasnt helped.

What does yours do? Any ideas of the cause? or suggestions of a work around?

Thanks

Soldato
Hi All, i thought i'd ask in here if anyone has an idea how to fix an annoyance.

I have 2 pcs. One boots into windows. Battle net runs in the background, game will start updating if need be, all without any input from me. Great, when there is a monster update for warzone, i can pop the PC on, and it'll get itself sorted by the time i'm ready to play.

The other PC, every single time it boots, i get the battle.net agent UAC pop up... EVERY SINGLE TIME i boot the PC, it drives me round the bend, presumably no update will download or install until ive clicked yes.

Ive no idea why one does it, and the other doesnt. i even re-installed windows and it still does it. ive tried going the the battle agent thing and setting the properties to always run it as admin, that hasnt helped.

What does yours do? Any ideas of the cause? or suggestions of a work around?

Thanks

Well I have battlenet disabled at start up like most things. It's bloatware if you are not playing, just check twiiter or website for updates. (Update due tomorrow or Thursday I believe)

Anyway if in your situation you could remove battlenet from startup and use Task Scheduler to launch battlenet, setting it to run "at logon" and with "highest privileges". You won't see the elevation dialog using this method.

Associate
Well I have battlenet disabled at start up like most things. It's bloatware if you are not playing, just check twiiter or website for updates. (Update due tomorrow or Thursday I believe)

Anyway if in your situation you could remove battlenet from startup and use Task Scheduler to launch battlenet, setting it to run "at logon" and with "highest privileges". You won't see the elevation dialog using this method.
Thanks for that, ill give it a try.

Associate
Amazingly, they've finally fixed white phosphorous, ziplines and ammo crates in MW ground war. Only took about 6 months! I might give them some more money if MW2022 looks good after all...

Associate
New update has broken multiplayer. Have to Alt enter to get full screen every time. Guns missing. Players missing. GG

I had the full screen issue, but apart from that the game seemed to run fine and as I mentioned they had fixed the bugs that had been around for ages. Do you mean invisible guns and players in game, or missing from menus?

Soldato
New update has broken multiplayer. Have to Alt enter to get full screen every time. Guns missing. Players missing. GG
Weird, I did get the game starting in windowed mode but set it to fullscreen and its fine now. I had a problem with missing guns / scope bugs (21:9 issues) which I so far have not had since the update

Associate
The windowed-mode bug is annoying, did see they have acknowledged it on twitter so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Some interesting changes made to Rebirth Island - not sure I like the new lighting/ colour palette though...

Soldato
Yes same here, they've flipped the lighting around so the sun is in a different place - completely threw me at first.

Yeah thats what I figured out after, Strange how a bit of lighting alteration changes the perception.
Did anyone notice it shows present day March 2022 now at first drop?

Back
Top Bottom