1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Gerard, May 30, 2019.

1. TriedandTested

Capodecina

The game has been known to reset/mess with resolution scaling. Make sure that's set to 100% and it'll sharpen up.

2. SkScotchegg

Mobster

Can anyone help me with my game freezing for 3-5 seconds every 5 minute intervals on Warzone?

I thought it was the server lag at first but friends I play with say they don't experience this. Their game runs fine, they get no freezing. So now I'm back to thinking it's my PC. I've followed all the fix guides online but not sure what else I can try at this point. :confused:

Seems often when I encounter an enemy it will freeze for 3-5 seconds and then I'll die.

my 4690k is running at 100% CPU usage. my fps in game seems ok. And It does this weather I use low settings or high settings.

It's only done this for past 5 days though. I've never had freezing/lagg issues before.

3. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

Pretty sure the resolution scale is at 100%. Will check later, thanks for the tip. :)

4. Guest2

Capodecina

Only had one game of Domination on Atlas but the 2080Ti sits at around 80% usage when limiting fps to 90. Settings maxed in 3440 x 1440 with Ray Tracing disabled.
    It went to full 100% usage when I enabled Ray tracing, 75-90fps. No issues as yet (using driver 445.78) Big difference in FPS to the 1080Ti which was around 25-45fps with RTX enabled using the same settings

5. kidloco

Mobster

Seems to be a pretty common issue this. I tried one solution I found online, use a program called 'Process Lasso'.

Instructions from the Reddit thread

6. DoggyX

Gangster

Since latest patch I get crashes to desktop at the end of games of Groundwar but its fine in Warzone.... very odd. Will try other multiplayer modes later but its odd all the same.. pitty as was enjoying the new mode of groundwar without the tanks :(

Tried loads of stuff but so far nothing has resolved it, guessing just have to wait on next patch.
    Still counts the XP though, reload game and battlepass et all moves up... *shrugs

7. SkScotchegg

Mobster

Ok thanks mate. I'll give that a shot and then report back.

8. malccy

Wise Guy

I'm so glad to hear that i'm not along. I too have tried everything - if I re-download shaders I might be able to get a couple of games in before it stops on score screen then returns to Desktop. I was hoping that the patch today might fix it but no joy.

If anyone has a 100% fix i'd love to hear it. Thanks.

9. sy-core

Associate

Does anyone know of any public Warzone discord servers, i wouldn't mind playing with some dedicated comms for a good laugh.

10. postmanfw

Mobster

also check that it hasn't changed your resolution all by itself....happened many times with me...drops from 4k to 1080p for the monitor resolution and then even drops the render resolution down to 66 lol....looks bad....happens at the same time as it changes from "fullscreen " to something else also....

11. BuffetSlayer

Mobster

Does changing the config file(s) to read only stop it from changing settings all by itself?

12. kidloco

Mobster

It will just be that the 'Render Resolution' has reset itself to 50%. Not the main resolution. Just change it back to 100 and it will be as it was. Annoying, but its done it to me a few times.

13. BriT

Mobster

Still crashing after a round of ground war. I give up hopefully they'll patch it as I'm not the only one.

14. postmanfw

Mobster

well it def changed my main resolution that's all I am saying :)

also some other settings (chache shadows etc) were dropped down at the same time...and its happened many times to me.

15. LiE

Capodecina

16. joelk2

Soldato

17. Guest2

Capodecina

18. agnes

Capodecina

19. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

Render resolution was at 100% but I disabled motion blur, depth of field and then enabled Radeon Image Sharpening at 60%. Looks lovely now!

Now just to sort out the random crashing back to desktop with no error issue :mad:

20. DisrupTor75

Mobster

Just tried groundwar for the 1st time in a while and I also got the crash.