Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
Wow not sure if anyone else feels the same but how enjoyable is the game after a banwave?
We managed 4 wins in a row and 5 wins in total yesterday evening! Felt like a completely different game..

Associate
Well it looks as though I have been shadow banned!
Why? I haven't a clue, my KD is around 1.11 and I think I have a max kill of 12 in a game, but that's only happened twice!
Watching Tomographic's video after he was shadow banned makes me sooooo mad, do the reports actually get checked out?

So here is my exciting night on MW after the ban...

Associate
So COD partners are protected from shadow bans. Is this even news? This has been said before. This makes 100% sense that crazy good players don’t get shadow banned because lesser players think they are hacking.

doesn’t = streamers are cheating or that their reports are not reviewed.
Yeah the latter, reports are not reviewed makes more sense.
I'm surprised that there are so many "average" players on the shadow ban list, until it happens to you then you wouldn't even know how farcical it all is, they give you no indication as to what you've been reported for or how long your account is on the shadow ban list, in the mean time you get to shoot it out with blatant hackers as shown in my video above!
Really, it does make you think how bad the anti cheat program is at Activision, I do have another account which I made for the free copy of Black ops Cold War with my 3090 (already purchased the game before my card) but with the money I spent on battle passes and skins on my main account, I will be fuming if this escalates!

Associate
Yeah the latter, reports are not reviewed makes more sense.
I'm surprised that there are so many "average" players on the shadow ban list, until it happens to you then you wouldn't even know how farcical it all is, they give you no indication as to what you've been reported for or how long your account is on the shadow ban list, in the mean time you get to shoot it out with blatant hackers as shown in my video above!
Really, it does make you think how bad the anti cheat program is at Activision, I do have another account which I made for the free copy of Black ops Cold War with my 3090 (already purchased the game before my card) but with the money I spent on battle passes and skins on my main account, I will be fuming if this escalates!

The whole COD series has a history of issues. It was MW2 that turned me away for FPS games I have only recently come back.

lots of people will just report good players that are miss matched into games. SBMM normally works well in multiplayer as it’s small teams. Warzone SBMM is a bit off in my view.

The cheating in warzone is just a joke and getting worse since I started playing in November.

I don’t think the big streamers are cheating, however I think a noticeable chunk of the smaller ones do. Hell Facebook just lets you call your streams Hacks Gaming and doesn’t give a ****.

Soldato
Cross play is a huge driver of this because mouse and keyboard players are able to do things controller players can't

Add to that "Kill cams" are a server side approximation of the movement/aim which occurred prior to a kill and you've got a recipe for high skill players being absolutely mashed with reports. When Activision analysts look at the raw data it probably doesn't look very different from hackers, so some end up getting banned in error and hence the need for a whitelist.

I don't see why being a "COD Partner" is shocking information, it's called marketing?

Really, the solution to all of this crap is to implement a robust anti cheat for PC but there's probably a certain amount of marketing that results from hackusations Activision doesn't want to give up.

Not sure it will ever be possible to do anti cheat for console players who are running CronusMax or whatever.

Associate
And the cheaters are back, it was enjoyable for a day!
Cronus is massively over rated, what can people even do with it? anti recoil that's about it. The cheats people get on PC now are so good its hard to even be sure sometimes if they are actually cheating.

Also for anyone who is having huge fps drops on 30 series cards after the latest driver update, I rolled back to 456.71 and my frames are stable again! 1440p rtx 3080 medium settings I was getting 100fps after the update..

Soldato
Cronus is massively over rated, what can people even do with it? anti recoil that's about it. The cheats people get on PC now are so good its hard to even be sure sometimes if they are actually cheating.

Also for anyone who is having huge fps drops on 30 series cards after the latest driver update, I rolled back to 456.71 and my frames are stable again! 1440p rtx 3080 medium settings I was getting 100fps after the update..

I believe there are aimbot scripts that can be bought also. According to videos that I've watched in YouTube the past week.

Like so..
https://youtu.be/gJGwUs_t11Y

Commissario

Thanks, think I need to roll back as my frames are around 100 with a 3080 @ 1440p

Soldato
I did recommend multiple times not to use the 461.x drivers, they are pretty awful :(. I've decided to stay on the 457.51 :)
I've been on 461.40 for a while now, no issues with FPS capped at 97 in NCP with vsync on and gsync on. Never see FPS drop below 97 other than the opening plance scene
3080, 5800X, 3440 x 1440

Man of Honour
I'm really champing at the bit for a shooter at the moment, after spending so many hours on survival and base building games. Not been one who particularly likes CoD online, especially reading all these posts about cheaters, is the single player worth it? Its quite a pricey game if the single player is only like 6 hours long or something, so I would be hard pressed to justify the cost to myself, any opinions on the game if I'm not interested in online reaming?

Soldato
I'm really champing at the bit for a shooter at the moment, after spending so many hours on survival and base building games. Not been one who particularly likes CoD online, especially reading all these posts about cheaters, is the single player worth it? Its quite a pricey game if the single player is only like 6 hours long or something, so I would be hard pressed to justify the cost to myself, any opinions on the game if I'm not interested in online reaming?

Just get warZone for free to try it. The single player was fairly straightforward and you are sort of on a convavor belt that pushes you a long. Very scripture

Soldato

The single player is brilliant but I wouldn't buy it at a high price just for single player to be fair.

Soldato

Agreed try WZ it is very good once you get into it. Never really played cod as much as I have this one, play it daily it’s just so much fun. Cheaters can be a problem on WZ but for me i tend not to see them very often. Most of them are utter trash so just get owned anyway.

MW multiplayer is still decent enough. Far better than Cold War and is needed ideally to level guns for WZ attachments.

Haven’t played the single player personally.

As for anyone wanting someone to game with add me TyLeR#22892

Soldato

I don't know why people are so bad that they feel the need to cheat, I mean i don't want to go off topic but id say a good majority of rounds I've played in the past few days of BF4 there's been at least one blatant cheater in the server always top of the score board, Always pulling weird moves such as always knowing where to appear behind you, Knows when your coming around a corner and instantly shoots like 1ms as you go around it...shooting through smoke nades hitting every shot etc.

i just don't know what incentive people have to cheat so badly, Is it they want to brag about their fake K/D ratio?. Personally id love to see K/D ratio removed from these competitive games as i do feel this drives people to cheat also.

I did actually install Warzone today to give it a try again see how it is but seems like its just as bad from what i read here :(

Back
Top Bottom