Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
I will be buying it, but I'll admit that I've played all of them, every year with 1000+ hours in some of them, and less then 50 in Ghosts.
I'm a regular in WW2 over BO4, as I'm a hardcore player, and BO4 limited the HC modes after a while.

With this new engine, it looks to me like the moments changes, making it look clunkier and less streamlined more like some of the other recent FPS games have been which I didn't like, but its hard to tell till we acutally get first hand multiplayer videos to look at, and I can play the beta.

Soldato
Looks like it could be a return to form :) I'm in.

Actually, only through battle.net and cheapest option is £50.... I might pass unless I can get a key cheaper.

This is how I feel. Super excited to play it, but for £50? ehhhh. I haven't played one since Advanced Warfare. Haven't enjoyed one since BO2/MW3

Soldato
pity it's gonna be p2w lootbox garbage

Call of Duty has never been pay to win? Maybe you were just never good enough and blamed that ;)

Whilst not p2w, it will undoubtably be festering with monetization to it's core, like all the previous releases. DLC... I don't mind, day one DLC, a huge no no.

I'd really like to get this but I will be waiting for a review, if they follow any form of their current transaction model. I'm out.

To be blind to how the current models are is the reason why it's so rife in todays gaming and you're the cause of it. Buying into the absolute sham that it is.

Associate
From what I know, theres no season pass/dlc extra content that you will require payment for, which is why they are holding the high price on the base game.
Think of it another way, if everyone buys it and has the same maps etc, then you don't have issues compatibility, as for instance now if I play WW2 you almost have the player base split in 2, ones with the map pack and those without makes finding lobbies etc harder.
You could also think its £30 for the game £20 for DLC included?

Soldato
If this has crossplay then 99% of people on console are going to get absolutely ******* mullered if they're in a game against PC players or are they going to allow those playing on console to 'cheat' and have aim-assist?

Associate
pity it's gonna be p2w lootbox garbage
P2W or just cosmetics? Not read anything about P2W.

If this has crossplay then 99% of people on console are going to get absolutely ******* mullered if they're in a game against PC players or are they going to allow those playing on console to 'cheat' and have aim-assist?
Yeah, I can see the console 'pc opt out' option being heavily used. Even if consoles do get aim assist it'll be a slaughter.

Man of Honour
Cross play will be input device specific.

If you have a controller plugged into your pc then you'll be in the same pool of players as the console players with controllers.

Console version has native support for keyboard and mouse.

So if you're on console with keyboard and mouse you'll be in the same pool as PC played with KB & M.

Associate

If you have a controller plugged into your pc then you'll be in the same pool of players as the console players with controllers.

So if you're on console with keyboard and mouse you'll be in the same pool as PC played with KB & M.

Although true, it will also allow you to join on friends on any platform no matter what controller format they're using, which will put you in a mixed lobby.
I've preordered mine, just needed to see proper multiplayer footage before ordering to confirm.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Oh god, what has the world become. God i am old and detest streamer noobs with a passion. yes they are noobs before anyone hawks on about how super good they are. You are wasting your time i on me... boring boring boring.

I would sooner watch hollyoaks if i wanted to be less depressed.

Yawnarama.

Soldato

What about people like me who always have a controller plugged into the PC for playing Elite but who use keyboard & mouse for everything else? What group will it lump me into?

Back
Top Bottom