Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
Do you need the Battle pass for any extra goodies? Think i’m on about level 90 now

The game only cost me a tenner, since my friends very generously paid two thirds. I've never played a COD game before now, I've always been more of a Battlefield fan!
In answer to your question, it was definitely worth it for the blueprints, bonus XP, operator unlocks, and extra CP! As others have mentioned, you can obtain attachments and weapons by playing the game, however it's a long-winded affair, unless you grind for hours on Shipment! Also, there's a lot of unique cosmetics, like calling cards, emblems, watches etc.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Which are utterly pointless as they will be releasing a new COD next year, so all your hard earned cash going on "cosmetic, calling cards etc" is nothing short of a complete and utter waste of money :)

Cosmetic items that you pay are for in a computer game are one of the world`s best ever marketing scams for fleecing the gullible. I know for one i have much better things to spend my money on, food, holidays yada yada.

Soldato
Which are utterly pointless as they will be releasing a new COD next year, so all your hard earned cash going on "cosmetic, calling cards etc" is nothing short of a complete and utter waste of money :)

Cosmetic items that you pay are for in a computer game are one of the world`s best ever marketing scams for fleecing the gullible. I know for one i have much better things to spend my money on, food, holidays yada yada.
It's all a matter of opinion though isn' it. Someone is not gullible because they choose to spend a few quid on a few cosmetic items.

There's always the argument that money can be spent on better things (saving the kids etc etc) but if I choose to spend £1.45 on an ingame polka dot hoody and £3 of a horse head hat then I will. Doesn't make me gullible.

Soldato

For your first point, with the battle pass you get the cod points you spend on it back by finishing. You pay 1000 CP at the start of season 1 and finish each pass then you'll have 1000 coins at the end of the games life, which can be used in the next cod. If you are smart and finish the pass first, you only need to buy 700 coins (about £6). This was the second time I paid for a battlepass and I spent about a month debating whether I should, after the PUBG one turned out to be a terrible idea (I didn't like the game)

Other than that I just ignore microtransactions, I have never bought one and probably never will. I love dumb cosmetics but I love not spending money even more.

It's all a matter of opinion though isn' it. Someone is not gullible because they choose to spend a few quid on a few cosmetic items.

There's always the argument that money can be spent on better things (saving the kids etc etc) but if I choose to spend £1.45 on an ingame polka dot hoody and £3 of a horse head hat then I will. Doesn't make me gullible.
If only spending a couple quid here and there it wouldn't be too bad but Modern Warfare's microtransactions are obscene - Nikto who was heavily featured in the season 1 trailers is about £10 and other cosmetic packs are between £7 and £20. They're aren't really micro anymore.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Its not an argument, its peoples money they can spend it however they see fit.

Personally i think your an idiot if you buy the stuff but then i am also an idiot for calling people an idiot so fair views and all that :) i mean people collect stuff all well and good. I do wonder though in 100 years time will buying old COD game accounts become the new bargain hunt :)

Soldato
lol at you too.

I quite like the grind on shipment (and the new grind mode) Think i'll stick with the standard game if all weapons / attachements can be unlocked. It's quite fun unlocking stuff for each weapon, even though it will takes ages

ne0

ne0

Associate

No offense but you're a bit naïve mate. Buying cosmetics for a game you enjoy playing is no different to going down the pub, spending £4 on a pint and necking it in 10 mins before buying another one. Not everything you buy has to be something you can keep forever. It's just another form of entertainment, why deny yourself it unless you can't afford a few quid for a bit of fun I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom