Call of Duty Vanguard

Caporegime
Well, well it’s that time of year again (a lot later than it used to be) that details of the next Call of Duty are coming out…

So, it’s rumoured it’s going to be called Call of Duty Vanguard and will be revealed via Warzone (with an in game event) on August 19th.

It’s being developed by Sledgehammer games and is set in World War 2 and rumoured to release early November.

Soldato
Rumours are that it's in quite bad shape and that it was pushed forward a year so IW could work on MW2 for another year. So SHG have essentially been thrown under the bus. The fact we haven't even been given a name yet isn't a good sign.
I'm not interested anyway. WW2 is the second worst COD ever made after Infinite Borefare. Another WW2 game from SHG simply isn't appealing at all.

Man of Honour
I quite liked the 2017 WW2 game on Xbox One and generally have preferred WW2 over some of the more modern games.
That said I've spent more time paying Warzone since launch than anything else (and far, far more than I ever expected)

Caporegime
OP
Rumours are that it's in quite bad shape and that it was pushed forward a year so IW could work on MW2 for another year. So SHG have essentially been thrown under the bus. The fact we haven't even been given a name yet isn't a good sign.
I'm not interested anyway. WW2 is the second worst COD ever made after Infinite Borefare. Another WW2 game from SHG simply isn't appealing at all.

that’s old news, people are now changing their tune to say SHG may have pulled it out the bag.

Soldato
Games need to move away from WW2 for a good couple of years. This is way too soon after WW2 and I'd expect this to be trash after their last outing.

Interested for a sequel to MW, mainly for the campaign but outside of this I feel COD multiplayer has lost part of it's magic since the strong implementation of SBMM. It's way too sweaty and not very enjoyable.

Stars are aligning for Battlefield this year!

Soldato
If I never see another WW1 or WW2 themed game, it will be too soon.

Splitgate, Battlefield and Halo has me covered. COD franchise needs to pull it's finger out.

Don
Since COD 3, which was 2006 I think, I will not be purchasing my annual Call of Duty game. You could say it's an end of an era! Like others, the releases over the past years have gradually got repetitive, lazy and just boring. I tried the beta of Vanguard, I felt like I was playing a 10 year old game, it's just the same old trash. I'm not sure when I last enjoyed MP COD, potentially BLOPS3?

I will still play Warzone, but I am shifting my attention to Battlefield and hope that is decent for FPS multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom