Call Of Duty: Vanguard

Caporegime

A return to ww2, some gameplay from the Stalingrad level. Looks quite nice graphically, gameplay wise looks to be the usual by the numbers cod Single player.

Associate
Looks decent enough, not that I'll ever play the SP. There's around a 40% chance that I buy this I'd say. That's based on the state of the MW scene (I'm assuming it will stay reasonably active for a while yet) and whether I decide to buy BF 2042. Of course if the MP looks amazing then I'll get it but I assume it will just be more of what we know but back to WWII.

Soldato
Seems to be very linear and even then everything is highlighted on screen. It's gaming for dummies. And don't get me started on using a controller in a FPS game, looking around and the movement just look all wrong.

Caporegime
OP
Seems to be very linear and even then everything is highlighted on screen. It's gaming for dummies. And don't get me started on using a controller in a FPS game, looking around and the movement just look all wrong.

Was thinking the same, it's like devs don't like letting the player figure things out regardless of how obvious they are. Did the knife really need an icon to show you could pick it up? Thought that would be pretty obvious to say the least.

Soldato
Was thinking the same, it's like devs don't like letting the player figure things out regardless of how obvious they are. Did the knife really need an icon to show you could pick it up? Thought that would be pretty obvious to say the least.

Yeah, there's one part where the only way out of as room seems to be a door down a short flight of steps. The ******* door is highlighted by a huge 'Go this way' direction pointer.

Associate
I saw JackFrags' video with early access etc. Normally the comments section is a minefield, but this time the general consensus was that he sounded extremely indifferent to the whole experience. I know he's predominantly a Battlefield youtuber (recent warzone aside), but I couldn't help but agree. I haven't even owned a COD game since MW2 and the new game still looks underwhelming.

Soldato
I saw JackFrags' video with early access etc. Normally the comments section is a minefield, but this time the general consensus was that he sounded extremely indifferent to the whole experience. I know he's predominantly a Battlefield youtuber (recent warzone aside), but I couldn't help but agree. I haven't even owned a COD game since MW2 and the new game still looks underwhelming.
Before Modern Warfare / Warzone I had not owned a COD game since COD 2! Modern Warfare / Warzone is the game I have played the most out of any game at all. Something daft like over 1000 hours which for me is a lot as I dont really get into games much, last one was Squad and before that Battlefield 2

Vanguard on the other hand is not looking good :(

Associate
Before Modern Warfare / Warzone I had not owned a COD game since COD 2! Modern Warfare / Warzone is the game I have played the most out of any game at all. Something daft like over 1000 hours which for me is a lot as I dont really get into games much, last one was Squad and before that Battlefield 2

Vanguard on the other hand is not looking good :(

I've never actually played Warzone, but like watching some of it on youtube. At least they keep updating/adding things. Vanguard just looks so average. There was nothing I really saw that would convince me it's worth my money.

Soldato
I've never actually played Warzone, but like watching some of it on youtube. At least they keep updating/adding things. Vanguard just looks so average. There was nothing I really saw that would convince me it's worth my money.
I’ll try it on a free weekend like I did with Coldwar, that’s aweful too.
Of course if the engine feels like Modern Warfare, i’ll buy it in an instant.
I know if they changed the Warzone engine to Coldwar, it would be the end very quickly

Caporegime
I’ll try it on a free weekend like I did with Coldwar, that’s aweful too.
Of course if the engine feels like Modern Warfare, i’ll buy it in an instant.
I know if they changed the Warzone engine to Coldwar, it would be the end very quickly

Vanguard in on the MW engine I thought? The multiplayer videos I've seen all look like a reskin of Modern Warfare with the same armor plates and nonsense red dots on WW2 guns etc.

Soldato
Vanguard in on the MW engine I thought? The multiplayer videos I've seen all look like a reskin of Modern Warfare with the same armor plates and nonsense red dots on WW2 guns etc.
Are right, if it is then great. But lot at the armour plates and red dots scopes in WWII :D They obviously either didnt want to change it took much or just couldnt be bothered too

Back
Top Bottom