Call of Duty WWII (CoD 2017?)

Soldato
Two missions into the campaign, and a bunch of hardcore MP games... This game is the definition of 'meh'.

Bland sound, dated graphics, on the rails, boring, scripted. I am struggling to think of something I like - maybe the grenade sound.

The beach assault was a travesty, had such promise to be a huge set piece, but fell flat on its arse. And people running around with nerf coloured WW2 guns - whatever happened to treating this era with respect?

Here's hoping it gets much better.

Soldato
Two missions into the campaign, and a bunch of hardcore MP games... This game is the definition of 'meh'.

Bland sound, dated graphics, on the rails, boring, scripted. I am struggling to think of something I like - maybe the grenade sound.

The beach assault was a travesty, had such promise to be a huge set piece, but fell flat on its arse. And people running around with nerf coloured WW2 guns - whatever happened to treating this era with respect?

Here's hoping it gets much better.

sounds like your expecting BF

Don
Not even that, but I've heard so much about a return to form, boots on the ground etc etc, I would have expected to have at least been wowed.

It is boots to the ground :p

Hopefully when they sort the dedicated servers out, lobbies, all the disconnects it will be a brilliant game. I have still ploughed a lot of time into it regardless of the issues. It seems when you have a party is when all the issues occur hence avoiding joining games that people invite me too. (sorry @Soulja , I didn't mean to be rude, meant to message you)

Associate
Boots on ground? More like socks on carpet. Team mates I can hear but enemies all sound like they are running dead silence

Soldato
In case you guys don't know the reason why this game plays like absolute arse at the moment is because it's P2P. The servers have been taken offline til they get sorted properly :eek: Not sure how they can mess things up so bad but this is Activision :rolleyes:

Soldato
Any of you have issues with levelling up over the weekend? I found that when I was in a party I was getting disconnects or taken to blank screen before the next game which I think was leading me to only level up during the game and not receive any of the match bonuses etc. When I was playing solo I was goes through the levels at a crazy quick rate.

Man of Honour
Any of you have issues with levelling up over the weekend? I found that when I was in a party I was getting disconnects or taken to blank screen before the next game which I think was leading me to only level up during the game and not receive any of the match bonuses etc. When I was playing solo I was goes through the levels at a crazy quick rate.

Yep, every game I finished I just got disconnected, didn't play much as a result.

Soldato
I might be wrong but I thought this was the point of beta tests was to get an idea on loads etc on servers. See how things react and then extrapolate that so that there are no issues on go-live. I'd of thought they could look at previous COD launches and get an idea on numbers for what they should expect. Tie that against beta test data as to how performance goes and voila. Or is that me just being sensible and over simplistic...

Don
Thanks everyone for your continued support. It’s been a whirlwind since launch. We’re seeing millions of fans play every day. However, we also know we’ve had issues, there’s frustration. We recognize that and we hear you.

Our highest priority is to deliver the best online experience possible. We’re not there yet, and we won’t rest until we are.

Our entire team is working around the clock, and we would like to share our current status update:

Online Connectivity – While our previous Game Update which released early Friday solved several critical needs, unfortunately it also had an adverse effect on server performance. As a result, we moved to P2P (listen) servers. Overall, the game is stable, however we know that P2P brings things like Host Migrations and other issues that make for inconsistent gameplay experiences. Our objective to return to dedicated servers is our highest priority.

Dedicated Servers – This weekend we rolled out various test solutions in limited markets in order to fully analyze real-world conditions without risking disruption. This level of data and diagnostics is helping us work toward a permanent solution as quickly as possible. We’ve begun to test dedicated servers today in the US. We’ll watch this test closely, and once we analyze the results we’ll look to expand.

Game Disconnects From Server - After much testing, our engineering teams identified the root cause of this issue, which can also result in lost stats and post match lobby freezes. Later tonight, we plan to deploy a patch across both consoles worldwide. We’ll monitor the results, and keep everyone updated.

Headquarters – As we focus on the return to dedicated servers as our highest priority, we will continue to utilize a solo-HQ experience. Players can still invite friends, which we encourage everyone to try. But we get it, HQ is best enjoyed with a thriving, fully populated social community interacting together. So hang in there while we address the most pressing concerns first.

We also want to reinforce our commitment to PC fans. We have the next PC Title Update ready to go, but we believe we need to work through the issues noted above first – many of which also affect PC players. For this reason, we’ll wait a bit longer before deploying the patch to the PC in order to ensure everything is the way it needs to be first.

Soldato
Activision have 10+ years experience of launching one of the biggest game franchises, annually.

They should know better.

Yep, completely agree. I fail to believe that they underestimated demand. CoD is probably the biggest gaming franchise out there and must have the biggest opening weekend of any game in existence. Presumably they simply didn't want to spend big on enough dedicated servers to have overhead, in case the game was a poor seller (by CoD standards) like Infinite Warfare.

LzR

LzR

Associate
Hardcore is calling you ;) Seriously, I switched to HC because of the problems you mentioned. It's much better IMO.
Can't believe people still play on normal, hardcore is the only way to go, always has been and like you say, gets rid of those sponges.

After hating the past 3 or 4 years worth of double jumping wall running floating around the place COD I'm really enjoying this one. War mode is excellent but should really have had, as above, a hardcore option. Still all in all, it's the best for ages!

Back
Top Bottom