Call of Duty WWII (CoD 2017?)

Soldato
Two missions into the campaign, and a bunch of hardcore MP games... This game is the definition of 'meh'.

Bland sound, dated graphics, on the rails, boring, scripted. I am struggling to think of something I like - maybe the grenade sound.

The beach assault was a travesty, had such promise to be a huge set piece, but fell flat on its arse. And people running around with nerf coloured WW2 guns - whatever happened to treating this era with respect?

Here's hoping it gets much better.

Quoting myself - voices in my head!!!!

Anyway, thought I'd at least update my first posting on this game.

Still not played further in the campaign, so thoughts on that haven't changed - but I have put in more time in MP, normal TDM for a change and have found that with the early starting out kit, this is much more enjoyable; though people can be bullet sponges at times, I have found that I'm slowly going from a k/d ratio of 3/20+ to 20+/3.

Managed to have some right corkers of games, and had the bronze/mvp/whatever playback at the end, a few times in succession. M1 Garand is nicely ranking up, got 4x attachments: FMJ/grip/dodgey modern looking holo sight...

With the 10 or so levels I climbed last night, it's made Hardcore a bit more palatable - though, MP graphics still suck ***.

Edit: oh, and it's a pain to see bunny hoppers again! Not seen those losers since Battlefield 2 on the PC.

I haz 4090!
Don
Caved in and bought this last night. It’s just what you’d expect from it to be honest, always enjoyed the multiplayer. Is there something wrong with the social hub though? I have a task to commend a fellow soldier, but the place seems to be deserted.

Soldato
Caved in and bought this last night. It’s just what you’d expect from it to be honest, always enjoyed the multiplayer. Is there something wrong with the social hub though? I have a task to commend a fellow soldier, but the place seems to be deserted.

Social hub is restricted to yourself/parties while they sort out all the launch niggles. I'd imagine it'll be back soon as things seem to be picking up.

Don

To do the commend thing just wait for a game to start or inbetween one and when everyone is sat/stood there chilling out you can click and commend then.

Soldato
Spent the last few days getting raped (in relative terms to normal) while trying to unlock all the attachments for the Bren LMG,hoping that with Rapid Fire it'd be a really powerful gun. Turns out, Rapid Fire doesn't really change that much and it was probably a waste of time :( Just need to prestige airborne to unlock the MG42 which I've picked up a few times and has seemed brilliant. Can't wait to get back to using the STG to be honest :(

Soldato
Hating all the glitchers on pointe du hoc! I cannot fathom how anyone can get enjoyment out of hiding inside a rock, and basically getting nothing but cheap kills. Had a match last night where almost all of the opposing team went up there - the map very quickly become a ghost town.

Here's hoping a lot of stats get reset and the buggy area of that map is sorted.

I haz 4090!
Don
Hating all the glitchers on pointe du hoc! I cannot fathom how anyone can get enjoyment out of hiding inside a rock, and basically getting nothing but cheap kills. Had a match last night where almost all of the opposing team went up there - the map very quickly become a ghost town.

Here's hoping a lot of stats get reset and the buggy area of that map is sorted.

Oh I had this happen to me on that map last night too, I wondered what was going on.

Back
Top Bottom