Call of Pripyat - S-T-U-T-T-E-R

Associate
Morning all.

I brought CoP on launch and never got round to playing it due to my system not really being beefy enough to handle it.

Anyway, after a recent upgrade i have decided to return to the zone, and with the CoP complete mod just being released, its shaping up to be a hell of a ride.

However.

After loading it this morning, the stuttering in the game is obscene. Every couple of seconds i get anything from a 5 second pause that seems like the game has crashed, to a jerky little 3 second stutter that seems like fps loss.
My system is an i5 quad core with 4gb of ram and a gtx 460 and windows 7 64, so power is not an issue.

After a google search it seems to be a common problem, has anyone here found any good fixes or anything?

Really dont want to turn my back on this one.

Associate
Same here mate.

At first i thought it might be my hard drive but it seems stalker CoP is just like this.

Also my first loading screen takes it time...2 or 3 minutes. Enough to make me think something has gone wrong anyway.

Associate
The long loading time is caused by the complete mod because of the new larger textures. Vanilla cop loads much faster but still suffers from the stutter.

Associate
I have CoP on an SSD and dont notice any shutter while playing the game... tho it did on my old HDD... think it happens to everyone

Soldato
unfortunately it's just the fact it needs a SSD to load properly even on my F3 reading and writing at 140Mb/s it still stutters quite frequently. Fallout 3 with the SHQ texture pack is the same and stutters while loading the environment.

Soldato
sorry to say this, but in my experience with STALKER games, they are most of the time buggy and absolutely juddery like mad, people critisised Crysis, but at least thats actually workable, whereas I have yet been able to get STALKER: Clear Sky remotely what I would describe as acceptable or playable. :(