1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calorie deficit arrangement

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Adam123, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Adam123

Hitman

Hi all,

I'm playing around with my calories at the moment after putting on a bit of fat.

I'm currently around 229lbs/104kg - 180cm, 28 years old, on my feet for 8-10 hours a day, 5 days a week at work. Fitbit reckons I burn around on average 4000 calories a day and make 15000 steps a day (for what that's worth).

I have started back lifting and also building my running back up again. I've had about 6 months off after running / gyming casually for the last 5 or so years.

I have eaten 2300 calories a day for the last 2 weeks and lost just over 3lbs each week.

Number stuff:
    16100 cals weekly total,
    macros % C/F/P 30:40:30
    165g C / 93g F / 149g P.

I want to slow this down a bit to 2lbs a week as to avoid losing any of the muscle I (may) still have.

Energy wise i'm fine and am quite happy on the 2300 calories from a quantity of food point of view.

How would eating 2300 calories for 5 days and 4000 calories for 2 days work out (19600 weekly total) instead of upping my daily to 2800 for the same weekly total?

Thanks

Adam

2. tom_e

Man of Honour

As long as you're still in deficit for the week it doesn't matter how you space that out through the days

3. BennyC

Capodecina

This.

If you don't want to eat a higher volume of food but want to increase the calorie content chose some energy dense sources like oily fish, nuts/nut butters etc.

If you can lose a similar amount of weight eating more, exhaust this option. It's low hanging fruit.

4. Dalandius

Gangster

Considering you tend to lose weight faster in the first few weeks, I personally would continue what you are doing.

5. Adam123

Hitman

Cheers for your replies

Sounds like I can have a couple of piggy days then soon :)

Yeah, I've already swapped 2 portions of chicken thighs down to 1 portion of breast and 1 portion of thighs per day (not everyday) to allow more food, damn 9 calories per gram of fat.
    Yeah, figured the first week was water weight n such. Probably be looking to make some tweaks in weeks 3/4 if it stays over 2lbs a week and if i i feel less energetic on runs / in the gym.