Camber adjustment on P10 Primera Sri

Associate
My beloved P10 Primera Sri has had a problem with POSITIVE camber since the day i bought it (bought 18months ago). This means that the outside edge of the tyres wares down extremely quickly. How do i adjust the camber and is it difficult to do? Alternatively, is there anyone close to Burton/Swadlincote who can show me please? :D

Associate
OP
i asked at a tyre place and they said it needed to be done at main dealers as they had "special equipment". Im also looking for the cheap route. I can adjust it by eye a lot better than it is now as its a royal mile out. Basically its ripping through tyres in a few thousand miles and i cant afford to keep replacing them.

So...how do i do it anyone?

Soldato
If you have visible positive camber than it's quite likely that something has been bent in a previous accident.

First thing to check is tracking though, excessive toe in will wear the outside edge of the tyres.

Associate
OP
Tracking has been done, its not that and its not toe in/out etc.
It IS positive camber and visible positive camber on both front wheels.
So basically it cant be done then?

Soldato
Have you had the alignment of all 4 wheels checked? I had a problem with my car and while the front track was perfect, the rear wheels were out of line which was causing the front tyres to wear unevenly due to the steering required to correct this.

Soldato
Don't know what a P10 is, but I do know the primera GT shares the front suspension with the 300zx and the camber can not be adjusted without aftermarket adjustable links. As has been said, this is certainly down to bent suspension i.e. accident damage.

Associate
camber is probably only adjustable from the shocks

sounds almost like the car is sitting too high :p, or on incorrect aftermarket shocks

If they are camber adjustable, look for the holes in the shocks that connect to the hub - one should be elongated, allowing you to adjust the camber

well, thats how it works on my car

Associate
OP
MrMatteh said:
camber is probably only adjustable from the shocks

sounds almost like the car is sitting too high :p, or on incorrect aftermarket shocks

If they are camber adjustable, look for the holes in the shocks that connect to the hub - one should be elongated, allowing you to adjust the camber

well, thats how it works on my car

i think it has got new front shocks, thanks for that i will take a look

Soldato
Yep most cars don't have adjustable camber, a few have front adjustment and very few have rear as well. I'd guess there's a 90% chance your wear pattern is due to knackered wishbone pushes, track rod ends gone or other front component damage.

Back
Top Bottom