Cambridge Analytica

Man of Honour
Please Mr Zuckerberg, tell us how we can regulate you. Clueless, old congress people. All talk, nothing will change. Zuckerberg seems to be on the line for the whole tech industry, much broader issues at stake here.

Man of Honour
still embarrassing.
your countries own laws require massive and in detail T&Cs this is an issue for every single company regardless of industry.
otherwise people could sue for everything.

Oh god someone trying to ask technical questions and not understanding the replies.

Man of Honour
oh my god, these ******* people asking questions, make it stop, jesus
yep. this is why MPs should listen to experts and not follow their own ideology.
in fact we should get rid of these people and vote for experts which require certain qualifications to even run in each department.

Soldato
yep. this is why MPs should listen to experts and not follow their own ideology.
in fact we should get rid of these people and vote for experts which require certain qualifications to even run in each department.

Unfortunately we can't afford them! The budget for political figures only runs to the unemployable Muppets we currently have. Them and the old codgers who could probably retire but spent years getting their seat in the commons to support their bum cheeks just right and are loathe to give up on a legacy of that magnitude.

Soldato
Just an exercise in power to try and convince electorate that the senate has control over facebook ?
I suppose Zuck could not appear beligerant and had to show humility, nonetheless his intellectual capacity in an unscripted meeting to summarise and reply to questions was not so impressive, would have been interesting to see Bill gates or Steve Jobs in a similar situation.

Soldato

I've always been against Facebook. It's about time that data privacy is finally being taken seriously.

As usual it takes a breach or a leak before people care about.

What needs to be done, is when a party or third party says they will protect the data they take, their word and a contract should not be the only thing binding them to this. The security of this data needs to be verified on an on going basis.

Soldato
I'd take that every day if i could have his money..

From the BBC ...

"By the first break in proceedings, Facebook's share price had risen by almost 5%, as markets reacted favourably to Mr Zuckerberg's performance, increasing his net worth by an estimated $3bn."

Caporegime
Interesting watching. I'm around half way through it.

Can tell that most of these older generations have little idea what Facebook is, how it works etc. Yet they're debating regulating it.

I think Zuckerberg has been handling it well overall. Ted Cruz made himself look like a complete idiot.

Soldato
Was watching this live yesterday but didn't make it all the way through as it got quite late - was quite interesting viewing. Some good, difficult questions came out of it.

Interesting that he confirmed working with the Mueller's special counsel too. Don't think that bit of info was out in the open till then.

Can tell that most of these older generations have little idea what Facebook is, how it works etc. Yet they're debating regulating it.

I think Zuckerberg has been handling it well overall. Ted Cruz made himself look like a complete idiot.

Ted Cruz's questions were a complete waste of time. Was basically just a rant unrelated to the issue of privacy/user data. He one of CA's previous clients so is probably wanted to distract from that... :p

Soldato

That is how government works. Someone with no tech knowledge making decisions on internet, people with no experience in education in charge of schools etc.

Back
Top Bottom