Camelot Unchained - Kickstarter (for the DAoC fans)

Associate
hi all i have a question. about character slots iv just donated 500 dollars to the game. and was wondering will i be able to buy extra slots. i get 4 extra slots i just hope you can buy more slots what do you guys think about that cus on the 10.000 you get 12 slots i need a lot of slots cus my brother will be useing my account as well thanks to any replys you give me :)

Associate
hi all i have a question. about character slots iv just donated 500 dollars to the game. and was wondering will i be able to buy extra slots. i get 4 extra slots i just hope you can buy more slots what do you guys think about that cus on the 10.000 you get 12 slots i need a lot of slots cus my brother will be useing my account as well thanks to any replys you give me :)

You will have number of slots equal to your extra 4 plus "the number of classes plus 1".

Have in mind that CU will have huge number of classes - so far, 11 per Realm are confirmed.

Associate
Anyone else still following this game, been following it for about 2 years but man slow progress

Beta 1 which is considered an old skool type beta has been delayed for nearly 4 months now with no update on a release date

still cant wait for it tho, the more i see of it the more im dying to play it!

Associate
Anyone else still following this game, been following it for about 2 years but man slow progress

Beta 1 which is considered an old skool type beta has been delayed for nearly 4 months now with no update on a release date

still cant wait for it tho, the more i see of it the more im dying to play it!

What makes it look slow is that we are watching it from the very first second of development (and yea, it looks like eternity...). Normally, games are developed for years even without an announcement, then they reveal it ---> beta and BAM! - it launches!

I mean, it makes things look much shorter - standard MMO develompent cycle is something like 5-7 years, and CU is in full production for roughly 2.5.

Soldato
It's crazy how no mmorpg is still as good as DAOC was....I tried this few months back wasn't anywhere close to being finished ridiculous considering time gone.

Soldato
Yeah the date of the first post on here is 2013, did make me wonder what had taken so long.
DAoC is by far my favourite ever MMO. You can play it still but as its so group dependent was impossible to play alone.

Soldato
DAoC was awesome solo in the early days, I used to play a Shadowblade on Prydwen, would go out solo all the time to Emain Macha ganking other solo runners, I used to love terrorising the wizards of Albion with my one shot kill, haha you can't see me 2H sword.

Then the Albs got smart and starting running little stealth groups with Infiltrators/Scouts and Minstrils who all had some form of stealth ability so would camp/hide or just bait. That's when the game started to appeal less to me until they released Darkness Falls, then it was back to terrorising other solo players or just murdering as many newbs as possible before the zerg came to hunt me down.

Soldato
I used to Solo my friar in DF, could take out Shredders with no issue and big spiders (I think) in there too. Then get some pvp in there when it changed hands. Best dungeon of any mmo. I was on about levelling solo being tough though. So slow and the downtime is a killer.

Soldato
There's a few of us old DAOC players on OCUK :) I'm waiting on Kainz turning up :)

Anyone got old vids/screenshots to share? I'll try and find mine ! I played beta on US servers (Guinevere) then Excal/Prydwen on EU when GOA were busy making a mess of it. I did PVP but mostly scouting and informing other groups of movements, I loved the PVE though.

Associate
OMFG I just checked my email history from 2013, I gave these clowns $300. What TF was I smoking. Under Biden, that's like $1,100 today.

Never "crowd funding" anything ever again.

Soldato
I played on excal as an alb when it originally came out. My favorite part of the game was Thidranki. Soooo much fun. Switched to ywain when I moved to the US and had fun running as a skald in Thid.

Soldato
Thid was great as there was no pressure, quick respawn and most people doing it where just having a laugh. The people walking up to enemy keeps and dancing so the stealthers could one shot those who took the bait :D

Soldato
There is a new Daoc freeshard called Atlas opening on June 24th, classic server with some qol changes if you want to scratch that itch :)

Here are the server details -

Back
Top Bottom