Camping out side hairdressers on the 3rd?

Caporegime
So my regular barber is re-opening on the 4th,he is not taking appointments but rather is serving on a first come first served basis. I am now contemplating camping outside the barbers the night before to ensure I am first inline. Anyone else planning on the same?

No. Because I'm not sad and incredibly vain.

Soldato
Why would not just book somewhere that accepts bookings? My son and I are booked in for next Sunday, no queueing just walk straight in, already paid for it too

Camping for a hair cut is insane, I wouldn't put it past the British public though, wouldn't surprise me if someone gets stabbed somewhere over a hair cut these days

Associate
OP
Why would not just book somewhere that accepts bookings? My son and I are booked in for next Sunday, no queueing just walk straight in, already paid for it too

Camping for a hair cut is insane, I wouldn't put it past the British public though, wouldn't surprise me if someone gets stabbed somewhere over a hair cut these days
Because I only trust my regular barber

Soldato
Do any of reservations require people to confirm if they have had covid/had a test/any symptoms etc etc.

was just filling in online form for a relative, requesting such (liability) info, for an osteoptath visit - all on google docs ... is that gdpr (tin hat) compliant.

Track and trace could have some interesting dilema for barbers(give proximity versus pubs etc) ... suppose you became infected and, named the barber,
the tracers would ring premises up, and there would now be a log, that you could have passed it on there - would they have to isolate/close.

I suppose barber himself, may have a medical mask, but, they can't demand you reciprocate.

Soldato
So my regular barber is re-opening on the 4th,he is not taking appointments but rather is serving on a first come first served basis. I am now contemplating camping outside the barbers the night before to ensure I am first inline. Anyone else planning on the same?

Are you a woman?

Soldato
I think you need to sue your barber for not prioritising your haircut and how it can affect your mental state on trying to become a top revenue earner. I'm sure you'd have been £100 better off if you'd had your haircut as soon as they open compared to waiting a few days.

Soldato
I'd understand if you normally charged 10 and now your charging 12-14 because of ppe but charging double and claiming its because everyone has long hair is a joke.
Absolutely - Last time I actually got a haircut, it involved lopping off 3' of hair before any actual 'haircut' or styling work was applied.
Cost was the same as if I'd walked in with a 4" mop.

I think that's taking things a bit too far. Marrying someone just to get a free haircut. :D
No different to marrying someone just to get a free shag, which many people seem to do... :p
The fact that both reasons actually end up costing you far more in the end seems to get overlooked, though...

Back
Top Bottom