Can Adobe Lightroom co-existing with Apple Photos (and sync with iPhone)?

Soldato
For just under 10 years and starting on a Windows platform Adobe Lightroom has been my goto app for photo management and editing however over the past years I’ve moved into fully Apple ecosystem (desktop, laptop, iPhones/iPads etc) and with the improvements in the iPhone camera I now have more and more half decent photos from that I’m also wanting to keep.

All the iPhone stuff automatically ends up in the Apple Photos app and is easy to share with others etc so I’m finding that pretty useful and I’m now wondering if there is a way that I can have Apple Photos and Lightroom co-existing so everything I export from Lightroom ends up in Apple Photos (with all the relevant naming and meta info)?

Another driver for this question is I’ve now found I can now longer manually sync a separate folder structure I had on my Mac (full of folders and photos exported from Lightroom) with my iPhone.

Man of Honour
There are guides out there which show how to use the MacOS automater to listen for changes to a folder and then trigger an import to Photos from there. It works reasonably well but I found that it would launch as soon as a file arrived in the folder so exporting multiples was a pain. I ended up adding a delay between the listening and import steps to allow time for Lightroom to finish.

Back
Top Bottom