Can an employer specify that you MUST eat what the children are eating?

Permabanned
Simply put, no they can't. A school can't legally dictate what anyone eats, even the children. As I proved with my sons primary school.

Soldato
Simply put, no they can't. A school can't legally dictate what anyone eats, even the children. As I proved with my sons primary school.

Oh you did that with a school too? ****** idiots I dealt with would rather my boy starved than eat something that they didn't approve of.

As said, they cannot dictate what she eats. How long has she worked there?

Pez

Pez

Soldato

Would you mind explaining more? My brother in law is getting grief from his kids school as they say they are only allowed to drink water!

Associate
At my job I have to eat what the patients eat if you eat at the same time. It makes sense to me.

If you don't want to you miss out and just have to eat your own food on a break.

Soldato
OP
If the hours she works mean she's entitled to a lunch break (more than 6 hours) she can eat what she likes. Otherwise, I guess they do have the right to refuse her the time to eat her own food, though it sounds totally ridiculus.

She's there for various shifts but some 7am-3pm, some 10am-6pm.

I'd like to hear more on this, as this school insist that the children can only have certain food in their lunch boxes once they reach school age and move up from nursery.

Oh you did that with a school too? ****** idiots I dealt with would rather my boy starved than eat something that they didn't approve of.

As said, they cannot dictate what she eats. How long has she worked there?

She's been there four years now. No chocolate is one such rule, the children will get fat. Funny, I can recall having club biscuits and other sweet confectonary and I'd hardly call a 32 waist in jeans fat.;

Soldato
I'd like to hear more on this, as this school insist that the children can only have certain food in their lunch boxes once they reach school age and move up from nursery.

Our school used to have a policy similar to this but have since backed down. They can define a child's menu for school dinners, and I suppose they have an obligation towards healthy meals. Packed lunches they now openly state that they have no say as to what you pack for your children. They do recommend healthy foods, but then what responsible school wouldn't. In short if you are providing food for them it is up to you what they eat. That said if you gave them a lunchbox full of chocolate everyday and an energy drink, they would have a certain obligation to mention it to an outside authority as you obviously don't have a clue how to feed a child properly.

Soldato
At my job I have to eat what the patients eat if you eat at the same time. It makes sense to me.

If you don't want to you miss out and just have to eat your own food on a break.

I'm assuming that if patients' visitors bring them something different (i.e. chocolates, fruit, etc.) then you are entitled to some as well?

Back
Top Bottom