Can an employer specify that you MUST eat what the children are eating?

Soldato
Hey all,

Just a quick question, on behalf of my mother. She has been told by her place of work that she must eat what the children eat for her lunch.

She usually takes some ryvita, fruit and a yogurt or similar. She's now been told she can't have lunch unless she sits down with the children and eats what they eat.

Is this even legal?

Thanks

Caporegime
complete tosh. tell them to do one. what if you have special dietary requirements that the school canteen can't satisfy?

^^^ and there is the answer - if they're going to be ridiculous about it then be ridiculous back - kosher, vegan diet it is and throw in a few allergies while you're at it....

Permabanned
Hey all,

Just a quick question, on behalf of my mother. She has been told by her place of work that she must eat what the children eat for her lunch.

She usually takes some ryvita, fruit and a yogurt or similar. She's now been told she can't have lunch unless she sits down with the children and eats what they eat.

Is this even legal?

Thanks

Never work with children or animals. She should be grateful she doesn't work at the monkey enclosure at the zoo - have you seen what they eat?? :eek:

Permabanned
Hey all,

Is this even legal?

Thanks

or was it eat kids?

Permabanned
Hey all,

Is this even legal?

Thanks

Question is the person who said that does he/she eat what the children eat,and no they can't tell you what you eat.

Soldato
OP
It's a childrens nursery which is twinned with a primary school. The person who stipulated this 'menu' sits in her own office and eats what she pleases!

The comments about window licking and other things have made her laugh so thank you very much :)

Associate
If someone tried to to tell me that I couldn't eat something that I had made/bought (can be one and the same really) I'd tell them to **** off before I eat them. Nobody disturbs me whilst I devour my meal.

Back
Top Bottom