Can anyone help me convert an old Amiga floppy disc?

Soldato
I would like to request some assistance!

Back in the mid 90s, when I was young and dabbling in programming, I created my own Amiga game on the A1200.

Before any expectations are raised, it was rubbish! Nevertheless it did at least run and play, and I would like to convert it to a format that I can keep on my pc and run using an emulator.

I no longer have an Amiga but I do still have the two self booting floppy discs on which my game is stored. They have been stored for the best part of nearly 25 years so may not even be readable.

Is anyone able/willing to take my discs by post and somehow read/convert them for me, and send back the emulator compatible files?

I never shared my game with anyone. Perhaps if it works I can share it with retro Amiga gamers and after 25 years Id be able to say I published a game lol.

Soldato
This is cool, would love to see some screenshots if you get it working.

Would also be interesting to hear your memories of what the game was like prior to the big reveal (if it works)

Soldato
OP
Message sent

Hi just to let you know i havent got round to posting yet, been busy with work.

This is cool, would love to see some screenshots if you get it working.

Would also be interesting to hear your memories of what the game was like prior to the big reveal (if it works)

Lol it really was nothing special. I was 14 or 15 probably when i created it so 25 to 26 years ago. Its a simple maze game. I think i created about 4 blocky maps in deluxe paint and the soundtrack was done in octamed with free coverdisk sample and sample rips of other games.

It did have some bugs. Sometimes the blob would get stuck against the walls and the joystick would reverse direction on its own ha ha.

Associate
se7en.png

Soldato
OP
Sorry all, I just didn't have time to find them as they weren't in the place I thought they were. But I had a big tidy up today to ease the lockdown boredom and I have found them!

I will post them asap!

Soldato
OP
Those disks bring back some happy memories, well not those particular ones..

Hope they still work.

Yeah me too. What's written on those discs is 25 years old. Crazy.

Also crazy how much things have changed in technology when you think about it.

To me we've lost something though, maybe? I'd not have a clue how to create my own little game now, or grab samples for creating some music or creating some basic artwork. Tech has moved on so much those things are all horrendously complex.

In the mid 90's there was no internet but my information all came from magazine tutorials and demo discs.

Back
Top Bottom