Can anyone ident. this bird?

Associate
We get these flying over our house regular, often in groups of 2 or three. They sometimes get mobbed by crows. They also emit a high pitched sqwark/call, much like an eagle etc.

BTW, this is over Coventry City Centre, so what they are doing over the city I don't know. There is a largish park in the direction I often see them. They are quite large, around twice to three times the size of an adult crow.

Just curious really, so if anyone knows that would be great!

3941488152_237cc7e22a_b.jpg

Associate
OP
Ah, seems you are right!

They are truely fantastic to watch from our back garden, often performing displays. Makes a change from pigeons, crows and magpies!

EDIT: I often hear them from inside the house before I see them. :)

Soldato
Buzzards are a *****.

Was on a chainsaw course miles away forget where, countryside, hills, trees, whatnot. England anyway.

Was doing a bit of cycling in the spare time, trundling along the road to the nearest down, get what feels like a thorn bush through my hair o.0

I didn't see anything so I passed it off as "weird **** that happens" and kept going.

Next thing I knew I saw a ****ing great bird diving at me and it rakes my head with its claws!

Practically crash-stopped in the hedge at the side of the road, pulled out my D-lock and was going to club the ******* if it came round again.

It didn't come back but I was seriously cheesed off at it, cycled back that road later watching for it -_-

Associate
I often have to travel to Solihull for my job and you see loads of these on the M40 on the way up...

It's quite nice to see these and Red Kites making a comeback!

Back
Top Bottom