• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can Anyone recommend a Graphics card on a Budget of £210 please?

Associate
hey,

just looking for a new graphics for my current setup as its seams to be causing me to crash a lot while gaming and its becoming a nightmare so i really hope i can find a new card on this budget as its been near 4 years since i got this card from OC and its been awesome :)

my setup is this & all i want to do is add a new graphics card

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.50GHz (Devil's Canyon) Socket LGA1150 Processor - Retail
Gigabyte Z97P-D3 Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W "80 Plus Gold"
Zalman Z12 Plus Midi Tower

cheers

Associate
OP
radeon R9 280X
i play mostly pubg and Eso and after around 30mins -1 hour my comp crashes with just a black screen and very faint lines going down, its happened about 10 times in the last 2 days which started is when it started :( and ive checked leads and cleaned everything i can think of, everything was fine till the hot weather.

Associate
radeon R9 280X
i play mostly pubg and Eso and after around 30mins -1 hour my comp crashes with just a black screen and very faint lines going down, its happened about 10 times in the last 2 days which started is when it started :( and ive checked leads and cleaned everything i can think of, everything was fine till the hot weather.
Can you get hold of another PSU to try?
My guess is it’s either that or the PC is overheating, try gaming with the side panel off

Permabanned
My guess is it’s either that or the PC is overheating, try gaming with the side panel off

Or take the R9 280X and try it on another computer. If the problems persist, it is definitely this card.

There is nothing for 210 but for 40 pounds extra, there is:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £258.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

Associate
OP

thanks for that i will try those things before i try save for the card that 4k8k mentioned.
my comp as been on for the last hours and no crash unless i play a game

Soldato

bru

bru

Soldato
580 is a good call. Starting to push the 1060 out in that price bracket. Will have better driver support in the future too.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-18l-pc.html

Just above your budget but worth it. Had the same card before and it was a great card for the money. Sell the game free with it and you'll be near your budget, for a new good mid-range card.

Not sure about that to be honest.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £508.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Although the AMD does have an extra 10% off, or does that just make it dearer before the offer.;)

bru

bru

Soldato
saying all that if I didn't already have a GSync monitor I would go for the 580 as well, it will probably age better, as seems to be the way of AMD cards.

Back
Top Bottom