• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can Anyone recommend a Graphics card on a Budget of £210 please?

Associate
OP
just wanna say thanks guys for all the info. i tried another PSU i bought and it took ages to take old out and put the new one in to my bad luck that its exact same now i have 3 red vertical bars and the fans are super loud and then the all system cuts out after windows logo, so i put my very old spare gpu in and cleaned drivers and added new and its working ok now.

so time for a new graphics card and so this is a good one i should go for then?
Radeon RX 580 Red Dragon V2 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express

Also to be honest ive never overclocked anything due to seeing past stories lol, not even sure how to overclock my cpu!
my setup is this:

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.50GHz (Devil's Canyon) Socket LGA1150 Processor - Retail
Gigabyte Z97P-D3 Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
Raijintek Themis Direct Contact CPU Cooler
600W PSU
16gig DDR3

i can prob just about afford £250 for a gpu card as i dont need anything else and hopefully i can sell the free game!

Permabanned
Yes, the RX 580 8GB will serve you well.

About overclocking the CPU - I think you should try to extract more performance out of it. Not sure how high your motherboard will allow the CPU to go but 4GHz might be possible.
Please, read some materials before proceeding with CPU overclock: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3249593/overclocking-4690k.html

The simple method to overclock the system would be to simply disable all Turbo boost stuff in bios and increase the Multiplier of the CPU (should be on Auto or 35 atm). Then test if the system is stable and if then increase the multiplier more. If the system gets unstable you have two options. Either just return to the latest stable clocks and be happy or try to get it stable again by adding more voltage to the cpu. With all these configurations take a look at the temps during load. If they are to hot i would decrease the multiplier and decrease voltage.

Associate
Soldato
Not sure about that to be honest.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £508.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Although the AMD does have an extra 10% off, or does that just make it dearer before the offer.;)

Free game with AMD that can knock another £20 off the price if the game is sold.

Back
Top Bottom