• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can anyone suggest a good LGA775 gpu?

Soldato
So my LGA775 GPU has died on me not that Im really that bothered by it BUT I would like a card to carry me through to my new build plus my PC is going to go to my younger brother when I am done with it.

My processor is a Pentium E6500.

Any help appreciated.

Associate
huh? LGA775 is the CPU socket, presumably your PCI Express slot is what you will be limited by, which will be either 1.0 or 2.0 i would guess?

However, PCIe 3.0 has only just started with the latest GEN and is backward compatible (as are the rest), and AFAIK does not exceed the bandwidth of 2.1 anyways.

So you could get any card, the limit is your budget, bear in mind if you wish to spend a lot (i.e. on the latest gen), you are prepared to "waste" some of your investment, based on the low spec/old tech, until you plan to upgrade (if)

Soldato
OP
Well Im literally getting rid of this rig to my younger brother. Yes I know the LGA775 is the cpu socket type BUT generally a motherboards power rating and CPU capabilities limit graphics cards. So if I got a Nvidia 430GT/440GT it would work?

Soldato
get a nice ATI 5770, will play most games at decent fps and res, 2nd hand, if you hunt about, they can be found for less than 50 notes, also, they only need a single 6 pin Pcie power lead :)

Soldato
OP
well doesn't really bother me technically that card has a faster clock speed than my engt240 I do believe. All it has to do is hold me over to my new rig and work for my little brother whom isn't going to be playing heavy graphics games really anyway.

Back
Top Bottom