Can cats see ghosts?

Caporegime
I was going to say this but couldn't find the words and hence went with paranormal activity.

'they appear to be reacting to things that aren't there' ; this would be from our human perspective.

You are afterall grammer nazi but hey even you created a typo with 'thy' !!;):D

Typing on my iPod, so typo rather than genuine ineptitude ;)

Permabanned
I remember watching a documentary about quakes and local people in a quake prone area used the animals for an early warning system. It's nothing paranormal. They're just more sensitive to vibration and electrical activity than humans. They also showed what happens during the extreme compression of rock. And of course, large amounts of electrical charge would build up in their test facility. Now on a massive scale, with two tectonic plates crushing against each other, you can imagine the kinds of charges that would build up. For the life of me I can't remember what it was called, but I'm sure it was on BBC. To the youtube!

Permabanned
While not what I was looking for, this was the guy in the program...

In this talk, I will discuss the solid-state physics of rocks and earthquake precursors. Earthquake precursor phenomena have been known for some time. They are caused by stresses that build up in crustal rocks. As we have found in the laboratory, these stresses more precisely, differential stresses and strains activate mobile positive charge carriers (defect electrons in the oxygen anion sublattice sublattice: O in a matrix of O2). These positive holes (or pholes for short) flow from the generation region into the surrounding rock. They effectively turn a rock into a giant battery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ZwR9Dxbmo

Permabanned
OP
Let me explain my first post a bit more, it could help in deciding whether cats can really see ghosts.

Basically fell asleep on the sofa, woke up, saved Football Manager... looked at the box for a bit, realised I didnt really fancy staying up to watch some Aussie Rules game.

Anyway, game saved, turned off the TV with the remotes and went to walk upstairs. At this point, one of my cats was half asleep ontop of a suitcase (left there from last weeks holiday) anyway as I got closer to turning off the front room light, the cat bolted upright and stared at somethign right behind me.... I looked around, felt a cold chill breeze over my shoulders and then as I walked upstairs something brushed the back of my hair.

I decided to move a bit quicker, looked behind me and the cat was focusing on what was behind me... I shifted into the bathroom, had a wee, jumped into bed... grabbed the ipod and posted this thread. I didnt look out to the hallway as I could tell that there was something watching me, probably with a manked up face.

Back
Top Bottom