• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can I run crossfire in a Corsair 300R Case?

Soldato
Hi all,

Just wondering if I could install a second graphics card in a Corsair 300R Case. While physically it will fit, the second card will be directly above the PSU so not sure if it will get enough airflow?

If not, I suppose when the time comes I could sell my 7850 and buy a 7970 but I would prefer crossfire 7850s as they would be faster

Soldato
While the two cards would very close to each other, they're going to be positioned in line with both of the vents in the side panel. If you were to put one or even two 120mm intake fans (sucking air in) in those vents, you'd increase the airflow over the cards by quite a bit. I had Xfire with two 4870 in an Antec 300 a fair while ago, and those worked fine, obviously the temps of the upper one ( I think it was that one) were slightly higher on idle and load, but well within limits. Just make sure you've good airflow.

Soldato
OP
That's a good idea

Not sure if the fans will hit the graphics card though as they seem to be quite close to the side panel. I'll have a look tonight :D

Associate
I have a similar question. I want to fit two dual slot (40mm) 7970 (non-stock) cards into the 300R of length ranging from 285-300mm (LGA2011 mobo with hex core sandybridge) with an AX860i. Will this fit or will it be far too cramped? Thanks.

(glen8 - how did you fare with your crossfire configuration in the end?)

Back
Top Bottom