• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can I upgrade my 5930k yet

Soldato
I don't often come into this section only when I get wind of a new CPU and set of motherboards are due to come out, I fear I'm well out the CPU loop and feel like I've been on my X99 system for an age and been through many many different GPU's since it first went in.

I have a MSI Gaming 7 with a 5930k running at 4.5, is there anything worth while to splash my cash on to upgrade this too yet. Mainly only used for gaming on a 3440*1440 monitor.
Never noticed my current system struggle but I like to keep my gaming system which is one of my hobbies up to date.

So update me pretty please, or is there anything in the pipeline which is the upgrade to what I have.

Cheers

Xez

Xez

Associate
I'd say stay as you are, I can't imagine your CPU is limiting you much at the resolution that you are gaming at and upgrading your CPU may only gain you a few FPS.

Associate
Nothing would give you a Percival increase in gaming performance outside of benchmarks, games which are heavy on single thread usage such as Arma 3 cause a cpu bottleneck for everyone regardless of the cpu, games which thread well and love more cores , well you wouldn't gain anything, stick with what you have and look again next year. If you really need to scratch that upgrade itch keep an eye out for a cheap 5960x/6900k.

Basically the more games developed to use multiple threads the longer life 6 core + cpu's will have.

Soldato
OP
Lol 99% of these 'should I upgrade threads?' End up going the same way.

From a 5930k!? Sober up dude!!

Please accept my sincerest apologies for asking such a silly question on a computer forum intended for such questions, I only wish I had time to keep up with current CPU affairs every minute of the day like yourself, your life is made, it's what I must aspire too, I must obtain your knowledge so I don't ask such drunken questions in the future. I will move back home with my mum, quit my job as the first stage to mirror your good self.

Associate
Hey,

No, your CPU is still **** hot mate - you can probably get another 6 FPS if you went to Kabylake 7700k @ as you already have DDR4. Oh and you get free free haribo with your order :)

1lxxfk.jpg

Couldn't resist XD

Soldato
I don't often come into this section only when I get wind of a new CPU and set of motherboards are due to come out, I fear I'm well out the CPU loop and feel like I've been on my X99 system for an age and been through many many different GPU's since it first went in.

I have a MSI Gaming 7 with a 5930k running at 4.5, is there anything worth while to splash my cash on to upgrade this too yet. Mainly only used for gaming on a 3440*1440 monitor.
Never noticed my current system struggle but I like to keep my gaming system which is one of my hobbies up to date.

So update me pretty please, or is there anything in the pipeline which is the upgrade to what I have.

Cheers

If you were asking to upgrade from 4930K @ 4.5 I would say yes. I did the jump to 6700K @ 4.7 and the latter was far better gaming experience.
However from 5930K @4.5 I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom