Can I upgrade my pre-built gaming PC or start fresh?

Associate
Hi chaps,

Please go easy on me I am an absolute noob.

My current PC is the HP Omen 880-013na . I was very new to PC gaming and bought the first thing I saw...now I am regretting it and realise I could have got a lot more for my money. Please could you advise what upgrades you would consider? I only really play PUBG on low/medium settings. I would like to be able to run at high/ultra.

I am so new to PCs I don't know whether my motherboard can take upgrades or whether I will need a new motherboard, GPU and processor?
Am I best off trying to upgrade to for example an unlocked processor and a 1080ti?

Specs:
Processor: Intel i7-7700 @3.6ghz
System memory: 16gb (x2 8GB SK Hynix 2400mhz)
System board: 8308 1.0 [Naples I believe?]
GPU: Radeon RX 580 8gb [GDDR5]
Monitor: AOC G2460PF 144hz 24"

Last edited:
Soldato
If it takes a RX 580 it will take any pcie card. You need to check you have enough room in the case if longer, and if your psu is good enough.
I think you also need a ssd maybe 500gb so you can have os and a few games on it. Pubg likes an ssd. Your rig is fine otherwise. New nvidia cards may be out soon

Associate
OP
If it takes a RX 580 it will take any pcie card. You need to check you have enough room in the case if longer, and if your psu is good enough.
I think you also need a ssd maybe 500gb so you can have os and a few games on it. Pubg likes an ssd. Your rig is fine otherwise. New nvidia cards may be out soon

Thank you for your help Lemin.

I think I will wait and see what happens, forgot to mention I have SSD 250GB and only run PUBG at the moment.

Associate
It's not bad at all. You probably overpaid based on what you could have built it for but have a warranty.

As Lemin says providing you have enough space a 1080 or 1080 ti would be a big upgrade. I would personally go for a 1080 as it's more balanced to your CPU.

Soldato
The RX 580 is good enough for that 1080p monitor.

I don't play that game myself, but from looking around it seems like it is badly optimised, so it will run poor on most systems.

Back
Top Bottom