Can someone help me reconnect my sons headphone and mic to his xbox one s

Man of Honour
For whatever reason I can't get it to work. It has worked fine, until yesterday. Tried a number of things including restarting, plugging into a different controller, changing batteries in controller, re-synching and unplugging the xbox. No joy at all and I'm stumped. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers for the reply. I've checked settings and it says 'mic on' clicked, which implies the microphone is working? I've also had a scan around the other settings menus and can't find anything untoward. It's a mystery. Ive got two headphones now, both work in my laptop, but both refuse in the xbox one.

Soldato
Turn the headset on, plug it into the controller then push the illuminated X, scroll to the right and you'll have audio settings. Is the volume turned up?

Have you tried a different USB port on the xbox? If its a USB headset...

Soldato
It's 'audio' in the guide when you scroll to the right. It might be the same settings when going into the main menu but it's worth having a look/try.

Soldato
Can your son not ask a friend to bring their controller round for 2 mins? If it still doesn't work then it's probably something to do with the console itself.

Last edited:
Soldato
i know on the PS4, it's easy to be the last person in a party chat of 1 and it override other audio. Probably not the case if you've restarted but worth a mention

Back
Top Bottom