1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help me reconnect my sons headphone and mic to his xbox one s

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by philstanbridge, Feb 6, 2019.

1. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

For whatever reason I can't get it to work. It has worked fine, until yesterday. Tried a number of things including restarting, plugging into a different controller, changing batteries in controller, re-synching and unplugging the xbox. No joy at all and I'm stumped. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

2. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

I'm still really stuck with this :( Just bought some new cans, which work on the pc. But not on the xbox. Just cannot work it out,

3. Soulja

Capodecina

Have you checked in the settings? Seems obvious but they have the actual main settings and also ones that are on the pop up guide.

4. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

Cheers for the reply. I've checked settings and it says 'mic on' clicked, which implies the microphone is working? I've also had a scan around the other settings menus and can't find anything untoward. It's a mystery. Ive got two headphones now, both work in my laptop, but both refuse in the xbox one.

5. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

What's the pop up guide? Maybe I've missed this.

6. Soulja

Capodecina

Turn the headset on, plug it into the controller then push the illuminated X, scroll to the right and you'll have audio settings. Is the volume turned up?

Have you tried a different USB port on the xbox? If its a USB headset...

7. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

Ive got audio output, but nothing that I can see called audio settings? it's a grey menu yeah?

8. Soulja

Capodecina

It's 'audio' in the guide when you scroll to the right. It might be the same settings when going into the main menu but it's worth having a look/try.

9. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

I ended up doing a factory reset, and started from scratch. Still not working :(

10. BEN_UK

Mobster

Faulty controller ?

11. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

Hmm I think it must be two faulty controllers. Really annoying as one was new at xmas. They cost a fortune too. Going to have to RMA it or something I guess.

12. Soulja

Capodecina

Can your son not ask a friend to bring their controller round for 2 mins? If it still doesn't work then it's probably something to do with the console itself.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  13. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

I've managed to get it working with a third controller. So the two must be broken, including one bought for xmas. Nightmare!

14. mame

Sgarrista

i know on the PS4, it's easy to be the last person in a party chat of 1 and it override other audio. Probably not the case if you've restarted but worth a mention